• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC A2 sizing

J.R.303

If I normally take 42' chest would an Eastman A2 be better in 44'?
I don't suppose anyone on here lives near Haworth, Yorkshire?

J.R.303

I'm at work, I'll have a look later.
I've seen a second hand one and was wondering about size. Most sellers seem to reckon sizing up.
My Elc Luftwaffe is 42 and fits, so are my Aeros.

ausreenactor

I struggled with a Hartmann in the same size as my A-2s. The waists are a pain.

You appreciate a relaxed fit so I would lean to the 44.

Brettafett

Above are some good suggestions, also depends on the contract.
ELC's patterns have evolved a bit over the years, so would also depend on the age of the jacket in question.

Im 5'10+ 72kgs, 40" chest and trim, and after too many ELCs to count, with sizing all over the place, safe bet is to size up.

rob20uk

If I normally take 42' chest would an Eastman A2 be better in 44'?
I don't suppose anyone on here lives near Haworth, Yorkshire?
Yes, a 44 would be the best option. I also live near Howorth, do you want to try on a jacket or something?

I am a 42 in standard Aero jackets but 44 in the Eastmans I have the following in Eastmans A-2, A-1 and G-1. The A-2 is a good jacket but has the shortest sleeves of all the jackets.

The jacket I have is the Start Sportswear contract.

Last edited:

Banzai

I have a “house” A2, which I wear in my normal size of 38. It’s trim, but not too tight, and the nice high armholes make the difference.
Many of their contract repro A2s run trimmer. The HPA website has actual garment measurements, and you can see by the numbers exactly how much smaller some run.