• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC .50 CAL pics

Curahee

Here are the pics of my new .50 CAL :

50cal026.jpg
50cal022.jpg

50cal004.jpg
50cal002.jpg

50cal009.jpg
50cal008.jpg

50cal024.jpg
50cal003.jpg

50cal020.jpg
50cal017.jpg

50cal045.jpg
50cal040.jpg

50cal036.jpg
50cal043.jpg

TankBuster

Very nice looking jacket. It fits you perfect. Congrats
on a nice jacket. The more I see these 50 cal jackts,
the more I like them. I think Eastman did a great job
with these. It's just too bad they can't get Aero labels
for them.

better duck

Jeroen,

Great jacket, with nice patina, beautiful squadron patch.
Above all I like the squinting, "watch for the Hun in the sun" look of the wearer!
And ihdeed: pity the Aero-label can't be attached to this jacket.

A

Anonymous

Very nice jacket, looks the part. Most of all I can't believe how much it looks like horsehide. Wear it in good health. BTW how does the leather smell? Cowhide does smell a little different then HH when new. I like the way the light leather color shows.

veli1

That jacket looks awesome, very nice seal brown/rust combo. What's your height and weight please?

Curahee

wing nut said:
Very nice jacket, looks the part. Most of all I can't believe how much it looks like horsehide. Wear it in good health. BTW how does the leather smell? Cowhide does smell a little different then HH when new. I like the way the light leather color shows.

Unfortunataly it almost has no smell at all, but it's very grainy and supple and drapes nicely around the torso
I think. On a side note the knits a very strong and thick, I think ELC's best ones yet.

Curahee

veli1 said:
That jacket looks awesome, very nice seal brown/rust combo. What's your height and weight please?

180 cm/68 Kilograms/chestsize 101 cm and as you can see I wear a size 40

havocpaul

greyhound52 said:
Great fit and very nice looking jacket. Yeah too bad about the Aero label. GW has the same issue.
yes, it's a shame Aero Scotland have a claim on the name, I wonder if they bought the rights 'for life'? After all, ELC, GW et al are reproducing a contract and manufacturer from 1930's/40's not Aero today.

Curahee

I did find one on e-bay and it looked OK, but it was way to expensive and you would have to remove the ELC label without causing damage and then stich the Aero label on at the exact same place and for what ?....ah yes.. OCD...well I'm suffering just a little from it so yeah maybe I will go the extra distance and get myself one of those NOS labels...then again..AHHg

Tim P

I know what you mean. To me it is spoiling the barrel for a ha'porth of tar (old english saying) but copywright issues being what they are it is not worth it. My 18775 has similar issues but after all is said and done, it is an Aero contract with typical aero lining and aero knits. for the sake of one word on the label I can live with it.
aero are there for anyone who has to have that word on the label. If I could get on with the way their eppaulettes sit I would be happy enough with one.

Marv

Is the .50 Cal short on the body like Aero jackets or the same body length as all other ELC A2s

CBI

All of the .50 Cal photos I have seen demonstrate what a cool looking jacket it is however the collar does not look right to me at all. Too stiff maybe, not the correct shape, I really can't place it and have too much on my plate for a lengthy analysis! In addition, the raw leather edges under the epps seems to really pop out (not in a good way). So, for me from the collar bone up, I am not convinced enough to pull the trigger. With the weak British Pound I ALMOST placed an order but decided to pass. A very outstanding jacket overall though and I suppose I could be talked into a purchase.

Curahee

Marv said:
Is the .50 Cal short on the body like Aero jackets or the same body length as all other ELC A2s

I don't own any Aero's but it does have the same body length as some of ELC's jackets like the Monarch.

Curahee

CBI said:
All of the .50 Cal photos I have seen demonstrate what a cool looking jacket it is however the collar does not look right to me at all. Too stiff maybe, not the correct shape, I really can't place it and have too much on my plate for a lengthy analysis! In addition, the raw leather edges under the epps seems to really pop out (not in a good way). So, for me from the collar bone up, I am not convinced enough to pull the trigger. With the weak British Pound I ALMOST placed an order but decided to pass. A very outstanding jacket overall though and I suppose I could be talked into a purchase.

The collar is a little stif actually needs some more breaking in I quess, but the shape looks fine to me. Not unlike these originals. Maybe a little too square ?

036.jpg
AirTransportCommand2.jpg

50cal009.jpg

Cobblers161

Would it be possible for you to give me some measurements on your size 40? Pit to Pit, base of collar to knit and sleeve. Much appreciated, thanks.