• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ELC 1401

BONNIEGIRL4

I hope everyone is having a healthy and decent new year. Snowed in today, so I decided to do something risky. I have written several times over the past nine years that my 1991 veg tanned ELC 1401 was the closest to a wartime hide I have ever seen. I have treated this jacket with kid gloves since I bought it soooooo I decided to throw it in the washing machine, hot water, than in the dryer on high heat where it is now tumbling away, when dry I will add a very light coating of cocoa butter cream, and see what I' ve got. I mean what the hell am I saving it for, I will keep you updated - TOM

B-Man2

Tom

I've been reading the threads on this and I've been wanting to try it with a HH A2 from US Authentic that's a little blousey, but I had second thought's. Please let us all know how it works out.
Would also like to see some pictures of it.

B-Man2

Tom;

Me again.....by the way, I reviewed some of the threads and most of the guys that did this type of thing used low heat or partial dryer time then stuffed the jacket and let it dry so it didn't shrink to much.

asiamiles

There was another thread just a few days ago advising in no uncertain terms that you should NOT put an A-2 in the washing machine other than on dry cycle. Chances are you will have ruined your jacket...well, that's what happened to the other other guy who tried it.

syringmt

Soaked my US Authentic HH in hot water in the bath tub and dried it until it was completely dry. I checked it every 15 minutes and it dried for about an hour. Turned out great. It had been a bit too roomy and the sleeves were way to long. Fits me like a glove now plus it aged it some.
I wasn't happy with it for a long time until I finally got up the nerve to do it. I am very glad I did.