• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ejection seat.....

Phantomfixer

Picked up a F-101 ejection seat the other day...came from 58-0339 tail number.....
trying to find a way to sneak it into the house....

bebel

Fantastic and rare stuff, particulary in such good shape. Complete or would it be missing something apart from the pilot parachute?

Franck

dujardin

greattttttttttttttt

i like it
i imagine well this seat as my best seat to play with my pc or maybe watch tv

congrats

Phantomfixer

the seat is missing bits and pieces, but mainly all there. I am not going to mess with it too much. I added period shoulder straps and unfortunetly an incorrect lap belt. The ones on the seat were cut off so I used, OMG, old C141 jump seat belts...low speed vs high speed... :eek:
The internet shows the parachute as the BA-18...luckily....I have a BA-18 or BA-22 complete ready to go..so I will use this in the seat....I think the back spacer has to be unscrewed first before using a parachute...will learn more as I go....
My experiance is all on the Martin Baker H7 and the ACES II...

I do not know if these seat had just a cushion or a survival kit seat pack...not much info on 101 seats.

now if I can just find a F-101...???

dmar836

Very cool. It would go in the living room here! You could build a base for it.
How much does that weigh?
Dave

Phantomfixer

I bet the fool thing does not weigh more than 35-40 lbs if that! I have a flap pac manifold mount the would make a great base, just need a transistion piece....I went to the base sheet metal shop to check for any salvaged aircraft parts that I could use to "create" something...found a few panels from a TF-39 C-5 engine but nothing that would work for a seat.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

John

dmar836

Sounds like a fun project - if the Mrs. will let it in the house!
Hey, BTW, what's on the engine stand?
Dave

Phantomfixer

Dave,
it is spare L-134 go devil....from a 46 Willys. A healthy block awaiting time to rebuild. I want to gather the parts at the upcoming MVPA gathering at the Cal Ripken stadium in a few weeks.. Needs the typical internals. The only thing it really needed were two pistons, but......the wrench kept pulling things off....
John

bebel

jzist said:
the seat is missing bits and pieces, but mainly all there. I am not going to mess with it too much. I added period shoulder straps and unfortunetly an incorrect lap belt. The ones on the seat were cut off so I used, OMG, old C141 jump seat belts...low speed vs high speed... :eek:
The internet shows the parachute as the BA-18...luckily....I have a BA-18 or BA-22 complete ready to go..so I will use this in the seat....I think the back spacer has to be unscrewed first before using a parachute...will learn more as I go....
My experiance is all on the Martin Baker H7 and the ACES II...

I do not know if these seat had just a cushion or a survival kit seat pack...not much info on 101 seats.

now if I can just find a F-101...???

MD-1 survival kit seat pack or so like, I guess. Is your BA-18 or 22 complete anf from this same era?

Franck

Phantomfixer

Franck,
I have a complete BA-22 , last insp was in 07, only item missing is the charge for the auto deploy mechanism, o2 bottle still carries a charge!....I have a BA-18 harness, no chute, from 66 that I think should work nice...
John
will post pics of an AF display I have going on at the Kent County Library..items from the 50s to current

bebel

Thank you, John. I'm keen to see all that.
These parachutes are very difficult to get particulary if complete and well dated circa 60s.
Franck

Phantomfixer

you can see part of the BA-22 on the DAFB display thread I will snap a few pics this weekend of the 66 dated BA-18. It is just the harness/ container. no chute/risers But I think I can get a surplus canopy from the base....I found foam does not give the right look....

Phantomfixer

Franck,

here is the complete BA-22 and the incomplete BA-18 (dated 67 not 66) the pics show the BA-18 with no hardware, I put the hardware on last nite.. I have a canopy and lines just need a set of period risers...

BA-22...

bebel

John,
Thank you for your good photos of parachutes. BA-xx versions well dated are quite rare when complete (and even not complete!).
Franck