• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Economy

blaze424

Just curious: how many on the buying or selling side have been influenced by the global economic situation? Anyone detecting drops in prices as people unload horsehide or goatskin heirlooms to pay the mortgage?

Lignemaginot

I didn't do too badly on that B-10 I sold a month ago.

I haven't been buying, but I have noticed that decent A-2s still seem reasonably high.

asiamiles

Prices and also the demand on eBay has certainly dropped. Prices have also dropped on Yahoo Japan, but the swing in exchange rates mean the jackets are not any cheaper if you're counting the cost in US$ or GBP. Consequently, I'm now much less confident buying a jacket, whereas before I could pretty much guarantee that if I didn't want to keep it I could sell it on eBay for at least what I paid for it; I've passed on some jackets that 6 months ago I would have happily paid upto around 7,000yen more for.

ausreenactor

Gents..

Paid $355 for an as new Eastman House A-2 two weeks ago on eBay. Rough Wear 1401-P from the same seller went for US$316....

And failing to get offers over $150 on a BR Nylon I listed on the weekend? Think the times are a changing. Saw that Rough Wear grouping go for under $1000. Thought that would have done at least half the realised price better? But eBayers are still bidding me up on common insignia?? Perhaps the cheaper things are the sought after items. Who knows..

Couchy

handworn

The proverb in the antiques business is that cheap things always sell and great things always sell, but things in the middle ground suffer most during recessions and Middle Eastern wars.

ausreenactor said:
Gents..

Paid $355 for an as new Eastman House A-2 two weeks ago on eBay. Rough Wear 1401-P from the same seller went for US$316....

And failing to get offers over $150 on a BR Nylon I listed on the weekend? Think the times are a changing. Saw that Rough Wear grouping go for under $1000. Thought that would have done at least half the realised price better? But eBayers are still bidding me up on common insignia?? Perhaps the cheaper things are the sought after items. Who knows..

Couchy

asiamiles

handworn said:
The proverb in the antiques business is that cheap things always sell and great things always sell, but things in the middle ground suffer most during recessions and Middle Eastern wars.
Hey, what are you saying about Eastman A-2's and Buzz nylon's?! :eek: :lol:

jacketimp

Lignemaginot said:
I didn't do too badly on that B-10 I sold a month ago.

I haven't been buying, but I have noticed that decent A-2s still seem reasonably high.

clive,

good eye......

quality will always out......

the good ones don't grow on trees, i've been told........

neh