• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay seems to be toothless!

Roughwear

The seller of this 1978 pattern Avirex A2 surely knows this jacket is a repro yet insists it's 100% ORIGINAL. He even inserts a pic of the vet, but not wearing this jacket! The seller has been reported to Ebay, but guess what? The auction has not been pulled! They are toothless IMO and only out to maximise their profit. Someone might believe this A2 to be a wartime original and end up paying big bucks for it. :roll: I wonder if several people were to report the seller to Ebay would they do something?

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-ORIGINAL-USAAF ... tsupported

jonnyboy

Just reported it too - amazing what some people think they can get away with. I only hope someone doesn't get stung by paying too much for a crap jacket.

TankBuster

I've seen far worse lately. Fake paintings on jackets that have sold for big
money, ect. I guess if a guy isn't smart enough to do his homework before
spending big money on something, and knowing what he's really getting,
in a way he deserves what he gets.
I do agree though that some of this stuff is getting crazy.

Hawkeye

Lets give people a little credit here, I somehow doubt that ANYONE whos in the market to buy an original A-2 would fall for this joke. Though I agree wholeheartedly about ebay only looking to maximize its profit, the many times that fraud luftwaffe jacket seller has been reported and nothing done an example of this. Seems its more in ebays interests to allow this to continue.

A

Anonymous

I have just reported it to ebay ,and asked them to remove the listing in the interest of the ebay buyers .

All the best Jeff

Roughwear

Well, it's still there. Same false claims and the seller has not replied to my question about the authenticity of the jacket. :roll:

Chandler

Oy -- my own Avirex looks more "authentic" than that piece.

The best thing I can say is that at least there's no "Buy It Now" for $2,000. Or more.

Edit: LOL!

Large Size (fitted a 175-180 pound 5' 10" tall Pilot)

That's one stocky pilot.

Chandler

Jaydee

Roughwear said:
The seller of this 1978 pattern Avirex A2 surely knows this jacket is a repro yet insists it's 100% ORIGINAL. He even inserts a pic of the vet, but not wearing this jacket! The seller has been reported to Ebay, but guess what? The auction has not been pulled! They are toothless IMO and only out to maximise their profit. Someone might believe this A2 to be a wartime original and end up paying big bucks for it. :roll: I wonder if several people were to report the seller to Ebay would they do something?

Looks like a real 1st rate company. ;)
I like their Company Statement at the top of the listing:

"~bid with confidence at SURFCITYTIQUES Proudly Owned & operated by some VERY PROFESSIONAL & VERY FRIENDLY SoCal Treasure Seekers~!!.. with Quality/Unique LISTINGS where SERVICE is 1st ~ & second to NONE at Ebay~!!.. ~"