• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay is gonna 86 my email from listings, but I got a plan

a2jacketpatches

I researched the rules a bit trying to find a chink in their armor. Bottom line is that they're trying to eliminate any outside sales. They make it extremely difficult for me to conduct custom orders even if I were to include them. I can't receive or send photos, get a phone call, make a call, just a description of an item that doesn't exist, back and fourth with a guy when a single photo with measurements instantly settles it.

I was thinking of this, selling a " Next in line for custom work spot " for 99. cents ( NO ITEM IN QUESTION EXISTS TO BE SOLD OUTSIDE OF EBAY )

This way Ebay gets their 13 cents Paypal gets their 7 cents, and once Ebay has provided us each others email address, we can work out the details and make a much better deal.

Please, any input as to how they can nail me would be great, after all, I just want to play by the rules and at the same time get things done effectively, ha ha. But for real, if they could accommodate my needs for custom orders, simply photos! I would just go with them.

CBI

Re: Ebay is gonna 86 my email from listings, but I got a pla

can someone just contact you for custom work via eBay messages. you can them ask for a persons email and do photos, etc.

Contact me for custom work via eBay "Contact Buyer"

what a pain!

RCSignals

CBI makes a good suggestion.
EBay does have the ability to review people's correspondence on their system so keep that in mind.

a2jacketpatches

CBI said:
can someone just contact you for custom work via eBay messages. you can them ask for a persons email and do photos, etc.

Contact me for custom work via eBay "Contact Buyer"

what a pain!
They removed an email address recently this way

CBI

good heavens - the Nazi's are everywhere

ausreenactor

Put a 'Copyright - [email protected]' in the corner of the pic with paint? If they enforce that you can say you are protecting your photos. Google the legal stuff behind copyright and push that.

Couchy