• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay Australian and the Tax Office...

ausreenactor

Gents..

In 2008-09 I sold many a jacket and one fully restored car. Now the Australian tax office and eBay are in league to get into any and all sellers turning over $20K in sales in a year. The car certainly did not help. But with the dip in the Aussie dollar it was time to offload the excess badges, kit etc... Have all the paypal ins and outs, eBay sales folders in the hotmail account. Just hope they are going to refund all the losses I had over my ten eBay years on stuff that was sold off at a 'loss'!! Not likely..

About to start a business, pay myself $25 an hour to search eBay, claim all the items I buy as an expense, run it for few years and then sell it off at a loss to the wife! That is how the big boys do it??

As an aside, eBay Australia has an Australian Business Number, but is a company with its financial heart in Switzerland and pays no taxes in Australia whatsoever. The forums are abuzz, and expect this to get bigger than Ben Hur..

Couchy