• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman Roadstar…… thoughts on sizing or cut please!

Shropshire-lad

I managed to get an unworn Eastman Roadstar…. An early make with red quilted lining and passenger pockets. My question is this…. The fit in general is ‘ok’. I’m a 46 usually but this is a 48 and would be chest tight with a jumper. My thing is the sleeve top…. It appears quite baggy. Now - it may be the cut or style…. If thats the case I’ll feel ok as ‘that’s the way they are’ but if not I will have to move it on!
Now I like the style and the leather - quality is Eastman - but just need an opinion on shape etc! Maybe it just needs to break in?
Thanks!
IMG_1096.jpeg
IMG_1097.jpeg
IMG_1098.jpeg
IMG_1099.jpeg
IMG_1095.jpeg
IMG_1094.jpeg
IMG_1093.jpeg

Silver Surfer

they are based on the buco 22 and 24, and as such have that 50s shorter, tighter cut. no pix of it zipped up? I have one in a size 44, and I usually take a 42 in mc jackets. a little extra room up top means you can actually zip it up. I tried a size 42 and could not zipper it up without nearly gasping for air...thus the 44. also, mine is a later one in "war horse". and sans passenger pockets. like you, mine is black, but I would have preferred the brown if it was available at the time.

Last edited:

Shropshire-lad

Thanks for responses. If it was smaller, iI think the neck would throttle me - it’s just the sleeves…. Bit baggy on my skinny arms! Chest wise it’s ok. May have to sell it on and get one to fit?! I’ll wear it a bit first and see if the look improves with age - not like me!

Capt

I think it’s looks good on you, if you intend to use it on a motorcycle as it was designed for the action back and longer sleeves will make it more comfortable unlike an A2 suit type fit. In time as it loses oils it will shrink a bit but for size 48 the pattern should accommodate arms larger which may feel baggy to some body shapes that no manufacturer can make to fit all. Just wear it an enjoy it and when it’s time to move it on it will sell:)

Shropshire-lad

I think it’s looks good on you, if you intend to use it on a motorcycle as it was designed for the action back and longer sleeves will make it more comfortable unlike an A2 suit type fit. In time as it loses oils it will shrink a bit but for size 48 the pattern should accommodate arms larger which may feel baggy to some body shapes that no manufacturer can make to fit all. Just wear it an enjoy it and when it’s time to move it on it will sell:)
Thanks for the encouragement - much appreciated!