• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman RAAF jacket on ebay

indigo_junkie

Don't know if this guy is a forum member or not, but I haven't seen any posts about this listing yet. I'm not sure what he meant by chrome and vege tanned (shouldn't it be either or?). Looks like a really nice jacket. Don't know if a 42 would be too big though. From measurements I've seen from other members, I'd fit a 40 in an ELC A2. Do you think I could go up a size and not be swimming in it?

The listing if anyone else is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2759.l1259

jacketimp

indigo_junkie said:
Don't know if this guy is a forum member or not, but I haven't seen any posts about this listing yet. I'm not sure what he meant by chrome and vege tanned (shouldn't it be either or?). Looks like a really nice jacket. Don't know if a 42 would be too big though. From measurements I've seen from other members, I'd fit a 40 in an ELC A2. Do you think I could go up a size and not be swimming in it?

The listing if anyone else is interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2759.l1259

why not ask seller what his height measurements are and take it from there?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
indigo_junkie said:
I'm not sure what he meant by chrome and vege tanned (shouldn't it be either or?).

Leather can be combination chrome/vegetable tanned, but on the website, Eastman just describe the sheepskin as tanned.

One would hope so ....... :)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
indigo_junkie said:
^^ Already have. Just curious to see if anyone here owns an ELC Irwin has any opinions.

Now that it's hit reserve, it's no bargain .... I would just wait for one the correct size.

And, of course, the chest measurement is wrong. Like so many others, the seller has just halved the tagged size.

USE THE BLOODY TAPE MEASURE !!

indigo_junkie

Got a return message from the seller. Apparently he's 5'11 and 14.5 stone (95kg). I'm 5'9 and 85kg (about 22lbs difference) and that jacket looks fitted like the way I'd want the jacket to fit me. So, guess I would be swimming in this one. :( Going to have to wait for a size 40 to become available.

indigo_junkie

Bidding has ended with the jacket going for US$900. :eek: Same price as a new one! If summer wasn't coming up, I'd be very tempted to just order one in my size from ELC (pending funds, probably will do it that way in March, unless I find a better bargain in my size) :roll: