• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EASTMAN MUSTANG

ausreenactor

TOMG1401 said:
Eastman NEVER produced a mustang hide RW 1401, never

TOMG1401 said:
The first part of your post is a fairy tale, I have one of the jackets

They did not make them? You have one?
Thank God you have a low post count as they appear to contradict themselves and are very confusing.. :?

Couchy

This thread has turned rather bizzare. Below is a close up of my receipt from HPA.

Fact: in 1999 Eastman happened upon some very grainy leather that they called "mustang hide" which they had made into a dozen or so 1401s by scantily clad, underage Russian sex slaves that Gary still keeps locked in a dungeon.

Why the skepticism? the doubt? the incredulity?

Accurate call on the final price, Couchy.

stubbyeighth

Dr H

Is the misunderstanding simply that whilst Eastman clearly made a 'Mustang Hide' jacket as evidenced by the receipt (man, you keep receipts for a long time Stubby...you realise that's non returnable?! ;) ), it's simply a grainy horse hide rather than hide from a mustang (wild horse)?

airfrogusmc

Dr H said:
Is the misunderstanding simply that whilst Eastman clearly made a 'Mustang Hide' jacket as evidenced by the receipt (man, you keep receipts for a long time Stubby...you realise that's non returnable?! ;) ), it's simply a grainy horse hide rather than hide from a mustang (wild horse)?

Maybe its horse maybe its hide of default? Maybe the guernseys name was mustang?

TOMG1401

What' s confusing? I have a jacket from the aforementioned "batch", which at the time of sale by THE MANUFACTURER ELC, not the broker HPA, was not called Mustang hide, this was verified by Gary E., he didn't know how that missconception came about. Sorry for the low post count, I'm very new to this bomber jacket thing

airfrogusmc

Nothing confusing unless you got a hide of default. Maybe it was horse, maybe it wasn't, maybe some originals were cow, maybe they not, maybe we need to test DNA :lol: :lol: :lol: Nothing confusing....

ausreenactor

TOMG1401 said:
What' s confusing? I have a jacket from the aforementioned "batch", which at the time of sale by THE MANUFACTURER ELC, not the broker HPA, was not called Mustang hide, this was verified by Gary E., he didn't know how that missconception came about. Sorry for the low post count, I'm very new to this bomber jacket thing

If you had included that in the first post it would have added weight to your post. It looked like you were weighing in where guys who owned the same jacket as yourself were stating they did, and do, exist. There were also a lot of posts related to the dubious origin of the hide itself. If you have direct insight from Gary on that it would be appreciated. That is what I followed up with the question. But the response post "they did not make them, I know as I have one" was where the confusion came into it for me.

Couchy

TOMG1401

I understand my post was confusing, Hope I've cleared it up. I would love to know what grave injustice ELC commited against Allen that he can't seem to live with, was he one who received a "Default" hide 1401 ? he speaks with such unrelenting venim about this for over 10 years now. Educate us all Allen, exactly how were you personally violated by ELC?, if you tell us it may be therapuetic and help you move on. BIG SMILE!!!!!

Jeff M

I like to think of this place as somewhere folks can come for information, critiques and a bit of humor.
Critiquing companies is one thing. If "unfair" or unfounded...most folks can see what is going on.
This place looses much when we start attacking people.

airfrogusmc

TOMG1401 said:
I understand my post was confusing, Hope I've cleared it up. I would love to know what grave injustice ELC commited against Allen that he can't seem to live with, was he one who received a "Default" hide 1401 ? he speaks with such unrelenting venim about this for over 10 years now. Educate us all Allen, exactly how were you personally violated by ELC?, if you tell us it may be therapuetic and help you move on. BIG SMILE!!!!!

Just pointing out something that happened because the topic was brought up. If a car is red you can call it green all day long it doesn't change the fact it is red. I don't have a problem with it. I know personally people that were upset and got burned but I couldn't care less. No venom but I do find it funny that people are so upset about something that happened being discussed and a company that maybe should have handled things differently and sticking up for them like it was their only family member or something :lol: :lol: :lol: I ain't talking bad about you mom so what do you care? So why do you need to take it personal?