• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EASTMAN CABLE A-2

Grant

I know Eastman isn't popular on this forum, but Gary did a kick ass job reproducing a Cable belonging to a 100th BG crew. The hides are on the thin side, soft and pliable making for an easy jacket to wear out of the box. Having met Harry Crosby (100th BG navigator) and corresponded with him before his passing I have a soft spot for the Bloody 100th, so I wear this A-2 with pride.

C1.jpg
C3a.jpg
C2a.jpg

Kermit3D

The jacket is amazing, and the painting on the back is fabulous, a really well done job. The patina (of the paint) is very believable.
ELC's "Elite Units" Jackets Are All Really Cool

Like FlakMagnet, I would be very curious to know who makes this paintings, and how they are made. I don't really know what the sales volumes are (it must not be huge) but I'm curious to know if there are "chain" painting processes (sorry I can't say it in English).

P-47 thunderbolt

That's a stunning jacket with some very nice hides!
Eastmans lack of popularity shouldn't affect the individual jackets, I have a lovely 27752 and although the collar isn't right it's still a cracking jacket.
Some eastmans look more authentic than some GWs. Lots of factors at play.
But that is one special repro!

Nickb123

IMO Eastman uses the nicest leather I’ve seen. That said, it fits the description of “stiff Italian horsehide” that requires some real breaking in.

I’ve been spoiled by collars after handling the Good Wears, and I’m afraid my mind can’t unsee that. The good news is that there was so much variation with wartime jackets, surely there’s a daft collar or two out there. But there’s no doubt that Eastman makes a lovely jacket that is uniquely Eastman. Imperfect, but still a worthy jacket if near-perfect authenticity isn’t the goal. And Grant’s jackets are just the best of the best.

Eastman still has a lot of admiration from me because those jackets have a soul! If the above sample doesn’t look like a million bucks in ten years wear time idk what will.

johnwayne

Hmm…I wasn’t aware of ELC’s poor popularity here! Yes we’ve all said how blooming pricey they’ve got but surely that’s the only detraction? As illustrated, the elite units tributes are fantastic repros IMHO. Think I have a booklet somewhere from Thorpe Abbots, where the Bloody 100th museum is!

mulceber

Yeah, I might have been getting a bit too cavalier about some very life-and-death subject material there. Apologies if I went a bit too far into some ghoulish territory.

MauldinFan

And did you all also notice that the guy in the drawing isn't wearing his parachute harness correctly? The leg straps are buckled behind his legs. In other words, he's just wearing it at the chest, not at the legs. Also, no mic and his helmet comm plug is dangling at his waist.
No life vest, either.
I bet if you spent enough time, you could find a photo somewhere that this is based on, of a guy who clearly wasn't outfitted correctly. Of all the shots they'd use for the artist, they chose this one...

Last edited:

leper-colony

And did you all also notice that the guy in the drawing isn't wearing his parachute harness correctly? The leg straps are buckled behind his legs. In other words, he's just wearing it at the chest, not at the legs. Also, no mic and his helmet comm plug is dangling at his waist.
No left vest, either.
I bet if you spent enough time, you could find a photo somewhere that this is based on, of a guy who clearly wasn't outfitted correctly. Of all the shots they'd use for the artist, they chose this one...
Its easier for mobility, but in a pinch it could be your doom.