• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman and Aero Irvin comparison.

donsom

Hi Cliff,

Have you posted pics and measurements in the past for the 46 Aero? If so, could you direct me to the link?

Also, is it the 40 or 42 pattern?

Thanks

CBI

Great thread!! As expected, just like ELC vs. Aero A-2's: ELC much more historically accurate, nicer cut, zips, etc - - - Aero: Nicer looking hide.

Cliff

Have you posted pics and measurements in the past for the 46 Aero? If so, could you direct me to the link?

Also, is it the 40 or 42 pattern?

Its an early pattern. ie. a 2 panel back. I am wearing it in my avatar on the left. I will try and get all the measurments tonight and post them tomorrow morning.

rgds

cliff

Cliff

Here are the measurements of my Aero Irvin.................

AeroSizeB.jpg

AeroSizeA.jpg

Regards

Cliff

donsom

Thanks for providing the measurement and some more pics. :)

I see the waist is 22" ... is the "pit to pit" measurement similar? (from the images it looks like the pit to pit might be the same, as their doesn't seem to be much "taper" from the waist to the pit area).

The hide and shearling look very thick (nice) ....

rich

Hi Donsom, I think the waist and chest measurements on Irvins usually run very close together. I'm assuming this would have been to accommodate the bulky Irvin trousers, if being worn. There's no problem getting a snug fit if you use the belt though. :)

donsom

rich said:
Hi Donsom, I think the waist and chest measurements on Irvins usually run very close together. I'm assuming this would have been to accommodate the bulky Irvin trousers, if being worn. There's no problem getting a snug fit if you use the belt though. :)
Actually, it's the pit-to-pit I'm concerned about. I have an Aero ANJ-4 (size 44) which runs approx. 24 pit-to-pit. Aero is normally more tight fitting due to the more than generous amount of "shearling" (WAY more than my ELC B-3). My Aero is already snug at 24" ... anything less would be too restrictive for sure.

Cliff

I measured the pit to pit on the Aero and its 23ins so I guess with the generous pile its going to be too snug for you.

rgds

Cliff

donsom

Cliff said:
I measured the pit to pit on the Aero and its 23ins so I guess with the generous pile its going to be too snug for you.

Cliff, thanks so much for taking the time to do the pics and measurements ... :)

You are correct ... 23" with the pile being "Aero Thick", it would be too tight. It's definitely my loss because the jacket looks great! It is interesting though that Aero would list the jacket as a size 46. Perhaps due to the sleeve length?

Moving forward (based on my current B-3 and ANJ-4 jacket sizings), I'm looking for anything at a minimum of 24" pit to pit. More would be better.

Thank you again, Cliff.

rich

Cliff, thanks so much for taking the time to do the pics and measurements ... :)

You are correct ... 23" with the pile being "Aero Thick", it would be too tight. It's definitely my loss because the jacket looks great! It is interesting though that Aero would list the jacket as a size 46. Perhaps due to the sleeve length?

Moving forward (based on my current B-3 and ANJ-4 jacket sizings), I'm looking for anything at a minimum of 24" pit to pit. More would be better.

Thank you again, Cliff.[/quote]

My size 42" Aero B3 has a pit to pit of 25", this sizing business has me chasing my own tail............ :?

Cliff

No worries, I shall formerly put it up for sale in the New Year in the Buy and Sell section.

rgds

Cliff