• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman A2 - bespoke Peal Harbor (ie massive!) - Value?

Popey1965

Hi all, First time poster here although have a few questions about a few jackets (Cirrus, Avirex, Eastman and Aviation Leathercraft) that I'll be posting in coming days so thanks for your help in advance. I live on the Isle of Wight, which is a small island off the south coast of England. I picked up an Eastman A-2 in a charity shop here a couple of weeks ago, and while I love it to bits, its just too big for me - Eastman have very helpfully confirmed that its a bespoke Pearl Harbour, made in 2009 for someone who was (wait for it..) 6ft 10" ... Chest size is 52", and sleeves are an additional 3" longer than standard. Thats the problem for me bcos even though I'm 6ft, and the length is fine, my hands dont appear out of the sleeves! It has a Talon zip as they are longer than the standard zip. The personalised label on the front doesnt mean anything to me and I've searched it but might mean it was someone who worked in the film industry. Eastman tell me they dont make sizes any bigger than 48" currently, so my question is, how much should I be selling this for? best wishes Popey

Attachments

• IMG_4739.jpeg
    IMG_4739.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 290
  • IMG_4738.jpeg
    IMG_4738.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 455
  • IMG_4736.jpeg
    IMG_4736.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 219
  • IMG_4735.jpeg
    IMG_4735.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_4734.jpeg
    IMG_4734.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 500

JonnyCrow

Hi all, First time poster here although have a few questions about a few jackets (Cirrus, Avirex, Eastman and Aviation Leathercraft) that I'll be posting in coming days so thanks for your help in advance. I live on the Isle of Wight, which is a small island off the south coast of England. I picked up an Eastman A-2 in a charity shop here a couple of weeks ago, and while I love it to bits, its just too big for me - Eastman have very helpfully confirmed that its a bespoke Pearl Harbour, made in 2009 for someone who was (wait for it..) 6ft 10" ... Chest size is 52", and sleeves are an additional 3" longer than standard. Thats the problem for me bcos even though I'm 6ft, and the length is fine, my hands dont appear out of the sleeves! It has a Talon zip as they are longer than the standard zip. The personalised label on the front doesnt mean anything to me and I've searched it but might mean it was someone who worked in the film industry. Eastman tell me they dont make sizes any bigger than 48" currently, so my question is, how much should I be selling this for? best wishes Popey
Huge haha 6ft 10 :D and 52 chest , my son's a big lad, 6ft 4 but he'd look like a pencil in that haha

johnwayne

As to value, normally in good nick you could earn yourself a few quid profit there BUT at that size I doubt you have any luck finding a buyer! Been on this site for a long time and don’t ever recall seeing one that big!! Trying to re-tailor down a few sizes too would be expensive a proposition. With all due respect to our US friends on this site, there does seem to be some bigger guys over the pond so try a post on sales and see what happens? Ask someone to make an offer but why on earth did you buy it if far too big begs the question!!!

Popey1965

I can almost guarantee you the length isn't fine - the bottom hem of an A-2 jacket should sit on your hips, and just barely cover your belt.
And so it does! Family trait is long torso but not the matching long legs…
As to value, normally in good nick you could earn yourself a few quid profit there BUT at that size I doubt you have any luck finding a buyer! Been on this site for a long time and don’t ever recall seeing one that big!! Trying to re-tailor down a few sizes too would be expensive a proposition. With all due respect to our US friends on this site, there does seem to be some bigger guys over the pond so try a post on sales and see what happens? Ask someone to make an offer but why on earth did you buy it if far too big begs the question!!!
The fact that it was £5….that was a fairly big reason. Plus I’m 6ft and 18stone and so I figured it wouldn’t be too small at least…

JonnyCrow

And so it does! Family trait is long torso but not the matching long legs…

The fact that it was £5….that was a fairly big reason. Plus I’m 6ft and 18stone and so I figured it wouldn’t be too small at least…
A fiver, Jesus!

Southoftheborder

If you do sell it I suggest you bung a little to the charity shop. Most of the bigger ones know what things are worth these days and put more valuable stuff on eBay. But some are still staffed by retired old ladies who don't have clue.

They are trying to make money for good causes after all.

WingAndaPrayer

I’m in the 52 size range for A2s. What is the measurements of this thing?

WingAndaPrayer

And if the extra 3 inches of sleeve length that Popey mentioned is a problem, it wouldn't be too hard to get the sleeves shortened a bit. Maybe not the whole 3 inches, but enough that it would be wearable.
That’s what I was thinking. The potential problem for me is going to be body length and shoulders. If it’s longer then 29 inches or less then 23 across, it probably won’t work for me. I hope Popeye 1965 will be kind enough to post measurements.

Popey1965

Ok so moment of truth - pit to pit is 65cm or 25.5”. Shoulder hem (where sleeve meets shoulder)
To bottom of knitted waistband is 70cm or 27.5”. Sleeve length armpit to bottom of knitted cuff is 64cm or 25”.

A2 B3au

Looks like the co executive producer was a big lad that just had to have a jacket.. great patina to the arms tho, reminds me of a tyre tread.. At the price you paid you should be more than happy with £250 .. no point being greedy . It’s only an over sized jacket