• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman 27752 A-2 Jacket

Smithy

Hello all,

I am thinking about picking up an Eastman 27752 Contract A-2 and was after some information, comments and especially photos of this repro.

I've found a few photos on here but would appreciate some more if that's possible.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Chandler

I have an older model (little less than 10 years?) that has seen little to no wear. I'll try to get some images and measurements to post up tonight.

Chandler

Smithy

Hi Ted, yes I have had a look over at the acmedepot evaluation, useful review.

Thanks Chandler, looking forward to the photos and measurements.

In terms of sizings and fit, do these run small, large, or on the money?

Chandler

Smithy said:
In terms of sizings and fit, do these run small, large, or on the money?

I wore mine in today to remember to get the pics and dimensions. While it's still very stiff from lack of attention, I'd say it fits well as a 44 (that's what it's sized), if not a shade large -- nothing baggy, though.

Chandler

Smithy

Yet another question...

As the 27752 is the seal brown Warhorse hide, does anyone know whether the same shade and hide is used on the 27752 as the standard ELC seal Warhorse A-2, or do they dye differently according to contract or model?

Cheers,

Tim

atkins

Smithy said:
Yet another question...

As the 27752 is the seal brown Warhorse hide, does anyone know whether the same shade and hide is used on the 27752 as the standard ELC seal Warhorse A-2, or do they dye differently according to contract or model?

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I also asked the same question a week ago, i end up asking Gary of Eastman for leather samples of the 27752 and House ELC Warhorse, i think this is the way to be sure. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Here our friend's ELC House Seal Warhorse:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=727&hilit=seal+warhorse

Here's ELC RW 27752 under bright sunlight (time worn ):
http://www.eastmanleather.com/Timeworn.htm
- it's the first and the fifth picture

Hope that helps,

IMHO, the seal of ELC 27752 is great looking brown.

Regards,
Atkins

Smithy

Thanks Atkins, looking forward to what the leather samples show when you get them.

Saying that, I am fairly certain I'll go for the 27752, I really like the combination of the chocolatey umber brown hide, olive drab stitching, rust lining and brown knits, plus I want a collar stand.

Are you looking at picking up a 27752 as well?

Cheers,

Tim

atkins

Well, i'm in some sort of dilemma,honestly. if i choose 27752 i'll have the great seal color but a Talon zipper. If i choose 1401p , i'll have Crown zipper but the not so great seal color.

Regards,
Atkins

Chandler

Okee -- as promised, here are some shots of my 27752. I apologize for clarity, the lighting wasn't so great today.

frontsml.jpg

frontaltsml.jpg

backsml.jpg

Gary has told me that this jacket was produced in 2001, but he also told me my 1401 was produced in 2000, and I know for clear fact I purchased that in early 1998 -- so some of ELC's records are suspect.

Measurements are:
Pit to pit front and back = 25"
Shoulders across the back = 20 1/2"
Down the front full = 24"
Back to knit = 23 3/8"
Sleeve tops = 23"
Eps = 7 5/8"

It's a big 44 all around. Nearly new with some fine grain showing, and it has the same feel as my 1401 when it was new -- you can see that as it has aged here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=764

Chandler

Smithy

Many thanks for posting those Chandler and the measurements.

That's done it for me, I'm sold. An ELC 27752 it is!