• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Eastman 1401 w/ AVG Art Work - NOW FOR SALE W/OTHERS ON EBAY

CBI

FOLKS - SORRY JUSY REMOVED THE PHOTOS AS THEY WERE NOT VERY GOOD. SHOT NEW ONES FOR EBAY LISTING THAT LOOK MUCH BETTER. THIS AND AN ANOTHER ELC A-2, W&G A-2 AND ELC A-1 JUST LISTED ON EBAY, NO. 260428251562 ALSO A COOL WWII ERA WALLET

MODS - FEEL FREE TO MOVE TO BUY/SELL

442RCT

Re: Eastman 1401 with AVG Art Work - MIGHT BE SELLING IT?

A characterless ELC 1401

Huh ? With or without warpaint, IMHO, all A-2s have character, isn't that why they're so universally sought...even after 60+ years :mrgreen:

Nice looking pre-aged paintjob btw. The angel with her arm up, in my opinion is one of the more difficult poses of her to paint.

better duck

442RCT said:
A characterless ELC 1401

Huh ? With or without warpaint, IMHO, all A-2s have character

Not so. If CBI calls his ELC 1401 characterless, you should see mine: it is HH but seems to be made of some sort of rubber. No graining at all, on any part of the jacket, not even creases on the sleeves where they bend and stretch all the time, not even after 5 years! I by now thoroughly dislike that jacket, because not even wearing it everyday, nor HWT-ing it 5 times have done anything togive it the character we admire.
I do think CBIs ELC 1401 has acquired character in some (artificial, applied?) way.
And, BTW, love the painted patch!

CBI

when I bought the jacket it had no grain at all. Actually, there is quite a bit now on this jacket. I have another ELC 1401 that has lots of grain. Of course, many an original had smooth leather. Lets just say that the jacket shown took quite a bit of work to get it to look decent. I am going to try to post it on eBay today if I can along with a house ELC A-2, ELC A-1 and a painted W&G. Another garage sale for me.

CBI

Someone just eBayed me about that. They told me at both ELC and HPA that it was horse. I remember becasue the whole capeskin vs. horse conversation was talked about. I guess I should find out for sure. I will email ELC right now.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
CBI said:
They told me at both ELC and HPA that it was horse.

The only reason that I remember, is that I was wanting an A-1 in russet horse .... and the Eastman was so close. Long after ELC had sold out, HPA began offering the remaining steerhide at a discount.

So then I was really tempted, but finally bought from The Few .... it cost more, but I got exactly what I wanted.