• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early "Authentic Luftwaffe jacket"

Hawkeye

yes, I noticed that one too. I didnt want to say anything though for fear of being labelled paranoid nut who lashes out at anyone selling a luftwaffe jacket. :lol:

Roughwear

Hawkeye said:
yes, I noticed that one too. I didnt want to say anything though for fear of being labelled paranoid nut who lashes out at anyone selling a luftwaffe jacket. :lol:

Yes, I know what you mean. I would not worry about being labelled by anyone here, they don't go in for that sort of thing.

The last fake Luftwaffe jacket went for big money! The jacket is a great stylish bike jacket, beautifully made as well. I asked the seller for proof it was worn by a Luftwaffe pilot.

Hawkeye

I need to make a new one up, the last one featured a jacket I no longer own. I'll wait till me new irvin arrives :)

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Hawkeye said:
I need to make a new one up, the last one featured a jacket I no longer own. I'll wait till me new irvin arrives :)

Anything would be better than this .... :)

gif-redxladder.gif

Peter Graham

Not him again ! Nice jacket, but it looks like the loops for the shoulderboards have been crudely stitched on, recently maybe !

Roughwear

I asked him for proof it was worn by a Luftwaffe pilot and 100% convinced by his response:

Hi sure, they are biker jackets OR private normal jackets all of them which are short and without the RB.Nr. or official manifacturer label - you can only identyfy them - if they are out of this time by looking to the zippers and the leather. These flight jackets are private purchase ones, which were used by Luftwaffe pilots. You can read the information in inernet and in book prodger - the "Hartmann flight jacket" (for example) is a former french biker jacket too. Actually the Luftwaffe pilots had all their own jackets they could wear also an American A2 flight jacket - I have a photo... (these are all the "lucky jackets" for them - it was an exeption!) There were Luftwaffe issue flight jackets but they are not so expensive, because they were: fabric produces (mass jackets)and not so be loved to use in Messerschmitts and Focke Wulff like the 1930 / 40 private Jackets or biker jackets. These Jackts were actually not so good for bikes but better for pilots. They are all individual and thats bec. the price is so high.... For example this model I am selling is an Unikat its Unique. Thats why the prices are high. The normal American A2 for example - you can use it as a biker jacket too - but its an official US Flight jacket - but you will find this model very often.

The luck and the jacktes - this was a connection to the Luftwaffe fighter pilot. I have a photo of many Luftwaffe pilots - I can put a photo of a Pilot in this auction which used a similar style of this one. Actually this jacket here I am selling is not soo good for a motor bike nor has handwarmer pockets. But if you have the size you could wear it every day. I am too tall for this jacket - I would keep it - if I would have the size.

shanghai joe

Hawkeye said:

I think Winston Churchill mentioned that

it's not what others that think of him that's important........what's more important is what he thinks of em..............................

guess he was his own man....................

me? I'm just a putta.............................

Roughwear

shanghai joe said:
Hawkeye said:

I think Winston Churchill mentioned that

it's not what others that think of him that's important........what's more important is what he thinks of em..............................

guess he was his own man....................

me? I'm just a putta.............................

:roll: :roll: