• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Early A-2 By Avirex With Button Flaps

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Perhaps the snaps broke, and it was modified ... like the Irvin in our WarBirds museum, with snaps instead of a zipper.

The seller also claims that ...

UP FOR BID IS AN ORIGINAL WWII AIR FORE FLIGHT JACKET. IT IS A TYPE A-2 DWG. NO. 30-1415 A.C. CONTRACT W 536 HL 1941 PROPERTY Air Force U.S. Army AVIREX CLOTHING CO. N.Y.C., N.Y. 42.

zoomer

Makes sense, as until recently the only interest in pre WW2 looks was in Japan. This not only has the button flaps of the 1932 Security A-2, but the large, low-mounted nameplate. Looks copied right off the pic of Lieut. Howard in Full Gear...except for that awful pre-fab girly art. :(

I'm assuming this is sized for the Far East market, ie, pretty close to tag number. I have an Avirex M-445 done the same way.

It's amazing what they would market there but not over here - they also did a cotton shelled B-15, which is up on eBay now. Appears to have exceedingly short sleeves.

better duck

Do we realise he is offering an 80-ties or 90-ties Avirex as a vintage WW2 jacket:
(and I quote: ) "UP FOR BID IS AN ORIGINAL WWII AIR FORE FLIGHT JACKET. IT IS A TYPE A-2 DWG. NO. 30-1415 A.C. CONTRACT W 536 HL 1941 PROPERTY Air Force U.S. Army AVIREX CLOTHING CO. N.Y.C., N.Y. 42. THIS JACKET IS IN EXCEPTIONAL CONDITION. NO SCARS, NO RIPS OR TEARS. LINING IS IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. LABELS ARE INTACT AND THE ZIPPER WORKS GOOD. THIS IS ONE YOU WOULD BE PROUD TO OWN.

I wanted to point this out to the seller through the Q&A on E-bay, but apparently you have to register and login.