• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

E model L-2b

greyhound52

Just got this near mint E model L-2B from a former forum member contrailchaser. He is selling his entire nylon collection which is awesome. This is from 1964. Main zipper is a rarely seen crown peg zipper. Never seen one quite like it.

L-2b_jacket_Alpha_002_1.jpg

L-2b_jacket_Alpha_003_1.jpg

L-2b_jacket_Alpha_005_1.jpg

L-2b_jacket_Alpha_006_1.jpg

L-2b_jacket_Alpha_008_1.jpg

L-2b_jacket_Alpha_011_1.jpg

L-2b_jacket_Alpha_012_1.jpg

L-2b_jacket_Alpha_016_1.jpg

L-2b_jacket_Alpha_001_1.jpg

Weasel_Loader

Nice George. I actually replied to the other post before I saw this one. I've only seen those L-2B C&C Crown zippers once or twice before seeing this one. Wasn't sure if all the Alpha E models had them. Nice grab. He's got some nice ones up on ebay. ;)

greyhound52

Weasel_Loader said:
Nice George. I actually replied to the other post before I saw this one. I've only seen those L-2B C&C Crown zippers once or twice before seeing this one. Wasn't sure if all the Alpha E models had them. Nice grab. He's got some nice ones up on ebay. ;)

Yeah I know. I was gonna buy a BR L-2B but got this one for less. So went with this one. Can't wait to get it. I now have an A model (Blue Anchor), B model (Rolen), D model (Skyline), J model (Alpha) (wore by my father in law in Vietnam he was a Cobra pilot) and now this E model. Also got a L-2A and a Reed model L-2.

blackcat

Hi
I have bought from Contrailchaser before and i know he has some awsome stuff ! did he tell you that he is selling all his nylon collection ?
if so an opportunity to pick up some good jackets for nylon lovers.
is he still a active member ?

A

Anonymous

deeb7 said:
blackcat said:
is he still a active member ?

He was a member at Cornells, but didn't sign up here ... a great pity.

You got that right David, a great shame.

Anyone know why he's selling off his entire collection ? And what name does he sell under ?

Dave

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
JACKET_ HEAD said:
Anyone know why he's selling off his entire collection ? And what name does he sell under ?

Not his entire collection, just nylon, his leather is even better.

Here, and on eBay .... contrailschaser.

greyhound52

He is selling his nylon collection to buy a huge collection of A2s. He has been collecting nylon jackets for about 20 years. So he has some awesome stuff.

TankBuster

He is a great guy. I've known J.C. for at least 5-6 years.
I just bought a mint Sz 44 B-15 jacket from him. His
collection of nylon is great. I think I know the collector
he is dealing with, and he will need every penny he makes
on these!!! :eek: :eek: :!:

Weasel_Loader

I've noticed his nylon didn't sell. I'm surprised none of them sold. I'd have been a dangerous man with a load of money these last few weeks seeing his stuff on ebay. :lol:

greyhound52

Weasel_Loader said:
I've noticed his nylon didn't sell. I'm surprised none of them sold. I'd have been a dangerous man with a load of money these last few weeks seeing his stuff on ebay. :lol:

I am surprised too as they were reasonable prices for the type and quality of jackets he was offering. Glad I got this L-2B which I was the only one to bid on. :D

greyhound52

Got the jacket today and even better than the photos. The jacket is in mint condition almost like never worn. Other than small moth nips on the collar it is flawless.