• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dubow 1755

chamboid

I've finally got round to taking some photographs of the first original A-2 I have owned. It's a stunning well worn, but not destroyed Dubow 1755 in a size 36.

I bought this from John off the Good Wear sales page a while back, he supplied the correct knit replacements with the jacket, which I sent to Blackbird leather in Kent to be replaced, and think they did a sterling job. They also added a bit of extra cloth around the collar so I could happily wear it with worrying about the lining too much.

The leather is so incredibly soft and supple, and light. It also has a great worn quality, with the top coat quite worn away all over but adds to the character beauty. I gave it an application of Pecards and re-finished the leather where it was most worn to keep out the rain.

The fit is perfect, nice square shoulders and sleeve length is spot on, I would have been very happy to have been issued this brand new. All the hard wear works, and the collar has never been unsnapped and spayed out so lays very close to the chest.

Here is a link to the jacket on the sales page.
http://www.goodwearleather.com/pages/sa ... _0009.html

Over all I am very happy with the jacket, I have also managed to pick up a Rough Wear and a Poughkeepsie very recently which I feel very lucky to have found, never thinking I would own an original A-2 in wearable condition.

I'll post pictures of the others when I have them, and the Rough wear has been restored.

Silver Surfer

nice jac, and nice fit. those 1755s are interesting in that they were close to the last contract awarded for a-2s, and for the most part were in smaller sizes,,,if not all. furthermore, it was a big contract, yet few seem to be around. wear it in the best of health.