• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dropped Biplane / Dropped By Plane

a2jacketpatches

Well not this type, this is actually a roughly cast training aid for the Mark 1 Mills Bomb. I'll bet more than a few of the live grenades were tossed from the cockpit into the trenches considering the first aerial guns were pistols and rifles. The bottom one in blue is a SUPER DUPER RARE U.S. Mark 1 Pineapple grenade body, a real one that could be fitted with all other components. If you ever see one, grab it, the 4 vertical segments as opposed to 5 on the WW2 and button on the bottom says WW1 Mark 1.

Sorry about the Biplane / By Plane thing, sometimes I crack myself up :)
Mills006.jpg

Mills005.jpg

Mills004.jpg

Mills003.jpg

Mills002.jpg

Mills001.jpg

USMark1002.jpg

USMark1001.jpg

a2jacketpatches

Got these grenades from another forum and my Arisaka from craigslist. I'm always on the lookout checking craigslist, estate sales, yard sales, flea markets, word of mouth, just about anything you can think of. I'll be making some small posters soon as well and posting them wherever I can get away with it, Post Office, corner store, a telephone pole here and there. Of course there are those who will pull them down or tell on me, but like they say, there's one in every crowd so I check back and re-post. Anyway, persistence pays off, I'm just sure not to put a lot of effort where it won't pay off. I end up with a wide variety of items and I'm able to sell certain things in order to keep others. When I find groupings, I'll keep the important items together even if I sell them.