• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does the VLJ-Virus cause damage to your health?

lazar

After long studiing, including self exposure to the virus, I can state: Yes!

The first symptoms of the vintageleatherjacketiitis, that affects often the male popularitiy, are not so severe, they are red eyes from constantly looking in the monitor and reading.
The next step is a slightly regression and causes drooling over pictures of the object of desire.
If the desease spreads further, it causes more and severe regression and you start to develop the typical behavior of our ancestors, you are becoming a hunter/gatherer.
You start watching bays and waiting for prey to appear. After the prey is bagged, the gatherer symptom reach their full charcteristic. The objects of desire are bootlegged in the heousehold and hidden from the investigating looks of the family members. The last step of regression is the changing of behavior. You are suddenly in your teens again and start finding new and often very trasparent excsuses for the packages that arrive at home.

In summary the vintageleatherjacketiitis caused by the VLJ-Virus is highly conatgious, but the outcome is mostly benign. Wheter its occurance is more severe than the watchcollectivits or the shoegatheritis stays open at the moment, further studies pending.

Happy April´s Fools Day! ;)

Mathias

Andrew

I'm immune from the shoe illness. Hardly need those things at all where I live- then again I hardly need the jackets either.

A

Anonymous

I get my jackets in the house by walking in backwards ,that way my wife thinks I am taking a package to the post office .
I would hate to think how much time I spend reading on the VLJ forum ,that pisses her off talikng to your jacket friends she says .The forum at this point all the knoweldgeable members have exhausted their info and the rest of the forum justs reads with no imput what so ever ,this will help any one with the withdrawl syptoms as there is not to much of interest to read .The total number of posters in my opinion is about 20 people and this becomes tiresome for them as they do not get any new info for them selves .Jeff

Lignemaginot

As far as I can tell, there is little that I do that doesn't piss of the wife.

Not long after we first met, I bought a 1970 Olds 442 Convertible and liked to spend time under the hood fiddling with the 455. Not acceptable to spend time working on car. Not acceptable to pay someone else to fix it. Not acceptable to break down. Got rid of the Olds to help pay for grad school.

Went to grad school. Spent every waking moment stuck in a book. Not acceptable. Still managed to get diploma and decent job overseas.

Tried to do gardening. Not acceptable - we have more important things that we should be doing. Like what? Dunno, but you better start doing them.

Began collecting WWII German stuff, mostly visor caps. Entirely unacceptable to have nazi shit in house. Got rid of German stuff, on ebay for most part, making obscene money in process. Doesn't matter, unacceptable.

Any time am seen on ebay, unacceptable. Communicate with other collectors of WWII US stuff, including brother. It is unacceptable that you talk to them and not me. Gee, I wonder why I do that.

You're getting fat - you need to work out. Where are you going? To the gym. But this place is a mess, we need to clean up. What are you doing? I'm cleaning up. Well you're not doing it right. Why do I have to do all the cleaning around here? What are you doing? The laundry. Don't touch the laundry, you'll ruin it. Can you make dinner tonight? What's this? It's dinner. No salad?

Do women have any hobbies other than complaining about their husbands?

Vcruiser

I dunno..but you sound like most..or all wives must be like that. How do you come to that conclusion...?
Van

Jason

on a slightly serious note... I credit the VLJ-itis with improving my health! Not only has this innocuous hobby inspired me to get to a healthy weight range, it's given me a sense of direction & purpose as any engrossing hobby does, and improved my sense of mental-well-being. That's an aspect of male health that's often overlooked... and a validating excuse if you care to go down that path :D

bazelot

Lignemaginot said:
As far as I can tell, there is little that I do that doesn't piss of the wife.

Not long after we first met, I bought a 1970 Olds 442 Convertible and liked to spend time under the hood fiddling with the 455. Not acceptable to spend time working on car. Not acceptable to pay someone else to fix it. Not acceptable to break down. Got rid of the Olds to help pay for grad school.

Went to grad school. Spent every waking moment stuck in a book. Not acceptable. Still managed to get diploma and decent job overseas.

Tried to do gardening. Not acceptable - we have more important things that we should be doing. Like what? Dunno, but you better start doing them.

Began collecting WWII German stuff, mostly visor caps. Entirely unacceptable to have nazi sh*t in house. Got rid of German stuff, on ebay for most part, making obscene money in process. Doesn't matter, unacceptable.

Any time am seen on ebay, unacceptable. Communicate with other collectors of WWII US stuff, including brother. It is unacceptable that you talk to them and not me. Gee, I wonder why I do that.

You're getting fat - you need to work out. Where are you going? To the gym. But this place is a mess, we need to clean up. What are you doing? I'm cleaning up. Well you're not doing it right. Why do I have to do all the cleaning around here? What are you doing? The laundry. Don't touch the laundry, you'll ruin it. Can you make dinner tonight? What's this? It's dinner. No salad?

Do women have any hobbies other than complaining about their husbands?

Are they really all like this???? I thought it was just mine.

A

Anonymous

I think God put men on the earth to piss women off ,first he put us 90 degrees out of phase so we are not receptive to there needs .Then he created health problems to remind them about men MENstral cycle,MENopause,MENtal health ,Perry MENopause so they can tell us we got it easy .The more they complain the worst it gets because we become deaf and elusive .

All the best Jeff

lazar

Jason said:
on a slightly serious note... I credit the VLJ-itis with improving my health! Not only has this innocuous hobby inspired me to get to a healthy weight range, it's given me a sense of direction & purpose as any engrossing hobby does, and improved my sense of mental-well-being. That's an aspect of male health that's often overlooked... and a validating excuse if you care to go down that path :D

That's great to hear! I also started jogging again, to get a more fitting body for the next jackets to arrive.
It also helped me focus on interests I had and lost over the time. I was always interested in the 30ies and WWII and read more about that period than in all the years before. I also started to reseach my grandfather who devorced my grandmother in '54. As a result she destroyed everything that reminded her of him. So nearly all about him is unclear. I am really eager to know more about him, we will see.
So the VLJ-Virus can also be a benevolent virus.

Mathias

dujardin

wow doctor, is it so serious???????????
first thing i do when i'm awake is open my PC and clic on VLJ.
first thing i do when i'm back home after my work is open my PC and clic on VLJ.
when i have the blues, i open my PC and clic on VLJ.
when i have time to waste, i open my PC and clic on VLJ.
so yes, i think i'm contaminated.
but it's good for my health, when i'm on PC i don't smoke.

but not good for my moral (this time) and my nerves.... because to many splendid things to buy but no money to follow.

is there a medication, a pil against the VLJ virus?????????????????

byeeeeeee marcel