• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does it still fit? Rediscovered Dubow ...

Mr. Mike

Guys,
first of all let me honestly thank you for all your kind feedback and swift reaction on my post. This really means a lot to me! Now as many of you asked regarding how it feels I have to say that it actually feel great and I personally prefer the snug fit or as London Cabbie put it the WWII fit. I can also not say that this Dubow restricts or hinders any movement more than some of my other A-2s (e.g. the ELC RW 1401P in 44) which mainly is caused by the back-panel rather. When looking at the photos though it appeared to me that it might be looking as if I'd wear my sons jacket. When closed and in motion wrist and cuffs slightly tend to remain up a bit which creates the impression the jacket was even smaller. However, this effect I also found in many other A-2s I tried and it seems to be rather a constructional habit. Also when contemplating regarding rebuying one size up I noticed that e.g. the back length only increases by a quarter of an inch which most probably would not make a major difference (same with the sleeve length btw. - only the P2P size would increase by an entire inch which could rather challenge the WWII look I'm afraid).
So, long story short - I really appreciate all your straight feedback and will not doubt too much any more (@Smithy: your wise words will still linger on ;o)) and enjoy this rediscovery.
Lastly I can say that Platon's Dubow is one of the best A-2s I have come across so far - so even if at some point in time fit will be beyond any question this jacket will withstand as a great collector's piece.
Have a great an sunny weekend all!
cheers
Maik

Sabo

sorry mr.mike what size is your dubow? how tall are you and how much do you weigh? I would like to buy one too but after reading the countless posts on this forum I still haven't figured out which size would suit me best. I'm 178cm tall. and weight 76 kg.

Flightengineer

sorry mr.mike what size is your dubow? how tall are you and how much do you weigh? I would like to buy one too but after reading the countless posts on this forum I still haven't figured out which size would suit me best. I'm 178cm tall. and weight 76 kg.

I think you need 42. I'm 181cm and 78 kg and here is mine in 42 size and it fits perfect

f0e1c481a21a.jpg

If you have not seen before, then in this thread there is a lot of info

Mr. Mike

Hi Sabo,
I second Flightengineer's consideration if you also prefer a snug fit. Mine shown above is also a 42 size and I weigh as much as you with smaller body size of 176cm.
@Flightengineer: thanks for sharing the photo. The first seal version I saw as Platon still does not reveal photos on his webpage. How long do you have it already (and what is your long-term experience if there is already one)?

Flightengineer

Hi Sabo,
I second Flightengineer's consideration if you also prefer a snug fit. Mine shown above is also a 42 size and I weigh as much as you with smaller body size of 176cm.
@Flightengineer: thanks for sharing the photo. The first seal version I saw as Platon still does not reveal photos on his webpage. How long do you have it already (and what is your long-term experience if there is already one)?

I have this jacket for six months. This is the most comfortable A2 I've ever had.