• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Differences between BR L-2 and L-2B?

Rutger

How does the L-2 differ from the L-2B?
Is there a notable difference in the way these jackets feel when wearing them?
I'll buy one of the two of Buzz Rickson.

thanks,
Rutger

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Rutger said:
Is there a notable difference in the way these jackets feel when wearing them?

Probably not, the L-2B is supposedly a little roomier, and the sizing is different .... apart from a few of the details, the real difference is the colour.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
Isn't the L-2B also cut a little shorter?

My size 38 L-2 measures 24.5 .... the Large BR 1st L-2B that Greyhound sold some time back, measured 25.5.

That's in keeping, I would say about the same.

Should have bought that L-2B from George.

greyhound52

deeb7 said:
asiamiles said:
Isn't the L-2B also cut a little shorter?

My size 38 L-2 measures 24.5 .... the Large BR 1st L-2B that Greyhound sold some time back, measured 25.5.

That's in keeping, I would say about the same.

Should have bought that L-2B from George.

Yup you should have I told you.

asiamiles

deeb7 said:

My L-2A (currently on eBay) I've measured at 23.5" in length.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:

Yes, that's what I had noted (60 cm) from the Milwaukee site, sleeves are short too.

Probably why I've never bought one .... :)

Rutger

asiamiles said:
deeb7 said:

Ah yes, saw that one on Ebay just before I read this, already sent you a question through Ebay, from Italy, right?
Ok, I suppose it will be too small for me.
I tried the BR L-2B a couple of months ago (extra large, but it was too large), from what I read today I think I'll try the L-2B (Large) when they get them at Eastman.

bye,
Rutger

Rutger

Received my BR L-2 yesterday :D :D :D .
Size 40 is excellent for me (6 foot, 185 pounds).
Outer shell has a slightly tougher and rougher feel about it than the L-2B that I received last spring, not by much, but it was one of the first things I noticed.
In comparison, it makes the L-2B feel somewhat softer and the L-2 just it bit more sturdy. It's hardly noticable, if you've never been able to compare the two of them you wouldn't really notice it.
Cuffs and collar are less soft than anything else I've bought, makes me wonder if they used new old stock from the fifties or sixties.
The brownish hue makes it stand much apart from anything else, it has a real nineteenfifties feel about it, which is great if thinking about
Sabres and Thunderstreaks and the like.
The inside of the arm pocket included two brass (?) pencil protection covers, don't know what they where supposed to look like back then.
Anyone in need of measurements, just ask. Imo the picture at Eastman is a better representation of the colour than the ones at Historypreservation.com

thanks, & bye,
Rutger

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Glad to hear that it worked out, Rutger, thanks for the review .... and don't forget to post some pictures. :)