• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Didn't realize Kelso jackets were a 1000.00

Skip

Euro to US $ works out close, apparently the price of the premium new Victory Horse. Certainly a nice hide, there's a thread here on that particular jacket

PaulGT3

Perhaps you didn't realize they were a $1000 because:

Kelso is "the company who is the rising power amongst the top repro makers of bomber jackets in the world."
and that " Victory horsehide is simply put the best quality horsehide in the world."
or that the hides are "Coming out one of the best leather factories in the world "
And "This is the best money can buy. You will not find anything better than this, no matter where you go, no matter how much you spend."
And you probably didn't know that "This is the best of the best, no. 1 in the world, GUARANTEED. This should be priced at about eur 2000 considering that others sell lesser quality jackets for more"
Or that " If you are a jacket collector/enthusiast we guarantee you will be shocked with the quality. We are certain you haven't seen such awesome quality before, in all the years of your jacket collecting"

Damn!! Makes me want to big $ FIVE thousand not a smeasely ONE thousand bucks! I should get this guy to write my Ebay ads.
The ONE TIME I wish I was a 38!!!!

dmar836

Gotta be honest. I thought this was a private owner reselling a jacket.
As is, the description is a little off-putting.
JMO,
Dave

Dr H

+1
Hyperbole doesn't do it for me either.
Quality of hide, cut and workmanship sell a jacket to me (backed up with quality photos), not a blurb telling me how lucky I'd be to own it at this price.

Andreart

PaulGT3 said:
Perhaps you didn't realize they were a $1000 because:

Kelso is "the company who is the rising power amongst the top repro makers of bomber jackets in the world."
and that " Victory horsehide is simply put the best quality horsehide in the world."
or that the hides are "Coming out one of the best leather factories in the world "
And "This is the best money can buy. You will not find anything better than this, no matter where you go, no matter how much you spend."
And you probably didn't know that "This is the best of the best, no. 1 in the world, GUARANTEED. This should be priced at about eur 2000 considering that others sell lesser quality jackets for more"
Or that " If you are a jacket collector/enthusiast we guarantee you will be shocked with the quality. We are certain you haven't seen such awesome quality before, in all the years of your jacket collecting"

Damn!! Makes me want to big $ FIVE thousand not a smeasely ONE thousand bucks! I should get this guy to write my Ebay ads.
The ONE TIME I wish I was a 38!!!!

all this advertising bullshit. this forum has become a god damn billboard for these companies, discraceful.

B-Man2

Andreart said:
unclegrumpy said:
Andreart said:
All this advertising bullshit. this forum has become a god damn billboard for these companies, discraceful.
:shock:

really, why?

I think you mis- interpeted the posting. PaulGT3 was being sarcastic in his comments, not trying to promte the item.
His post reflects the quote of the seller of the jacket on Ebay. He was using sarcasm as a way of saying look at this BS.

unclegrumpy

Andreart said:
unclegrumpy said:
really, why?
I was just being sarcastic too. I happen to agree with you....though having gone a long way down this pathway in another thread recently myself, I am not sure anybody else does....well except maybe a well respected Irishman. :D

Persimmon

Andreart quote="unclegrumpy said:
really, why

I was just being sarcastic too. I happen to agree with you....though having gone a long way down this pathway in another thread recently myself, I am not sure anybody else does....well except maybe a well respected Irishman. :D
:lol:[/quote]

Sometimes I think I need to board a submarine and grab a top secret Enigma machine to work out what the hell is going on ...

B-Man2

(Quote)
Sometimes I think I need to board a submarine and grab a top secret Enigma machine to work out what the hell is going on ...

OK........Now THAT....was funny! :lol:

A

Anonymous

all this advertising bullshit. this forum has become a god damn billboard for these companies, discraceful.

Thank you!
This bullshit happens to be the truth. Have you something against the truth?
We are STRUGGLING to keep the price down to Eur 740 for these jackets,

As I already said in another thread a pair of boots in this leather costs about Eur 1000 and we sell the jacket (that needs x4 times the leather to be made) at Eur 740

victoryshoe_1_1.jpg

victoryshoe2_1_1.jpg

The reason for the low price is to give YOU GUYS the opportunity to buy and appreciate it.
If we set the price at Eur 1500 or more that it should be you will freak out and run away.

This is NO BOLLOCKS jacket. This leather is the best you have seen in your lives. IT REALLY WORTHS THE MONEY.
It's no crap VISVIM sold at $4830.

We don't sell you brand names. IT'S THE ACTUAL JACKET THAT WORTHS THIS MUCH.
Buy it and compare it with your other jackets. If it's not better, you get your money back. All your money, including shipping costs.

Andrew

Oh c'mon, this just gives me the felling you've got your hand down our collective pockets looking for our wallets. Let your customers say this stuff, then it'll really mean something. Hardly a strategy to engender a need to buy. I also find it bizzare using the boot analogy too, as a handful of sane people would ever spend that on a pair of boots- most of us balk at $180 for a pair of roughouts (and they're worth it).

What BK gets from a forum like this is on the whole constructive criticism so you really ought to accept it. This kind of desperate use of superlatives telling us what you insist we should know just turns customers off.