• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did Werber make B-3's

ButteMT61

A local has one claiming WWII vintage, but I never heard of a Werber B-3.
Your expert advice sought.

ButteMT61

Anyone have info? I'd love to know if this is worth looking at.
A little outside my comfort zone.

Roughwear

Werber made the following B-3 contracts:-

35-1545-P undyed shearling
17758 (Feb.1941 “redskin”)
42-12693-P
42-21699-P
43-13608 AF

ButteMT61

Roughwear said:

42-12693-P
42-21699-P
43-13608 AF

Thank you Andrew. Any clues as to them being reproduced by anyone of merit? I don't want to look at and possibly offer money on a fake!

ButteMT61

767fo said:
There isn't anyone that I am aware of that has made a Werber B3 repro.

Cheers Allen! I suppose the only thing left is a fake label :)
I'll see what comes of it - it sounds like it's in great condition, but alas, not as good a deal as Peter's Irvin!

Peter Graham

ButteMT61 said:
Or an original label on a repro jacket. :? . Scott, it's unlikely that someone would go to those lengths. I know it's fairly common with A-2's but no other jackets really. Type 'Werber B-3' into google images and you'll get a few results to go on. Have a good look around the jacket. A repro B-3 is a hard thing to pass off as original. Good luck. Hope it works out for you and we want to see pics !

ButteMT61

Peter Graham said:
ButteMT61 said:
Or an original label on a repro jacket. :? . Scott, it's unlikely that someone would go to those lengths. I know it's fairly common with A-2's but no other jackets really. Type 'Werber B-3' into google images and you'll get a few results to go on. Have a good look around the jacket. A repro B-3 is a hard thing to pass off as original. Good luck. Hope it works out for you and we want to see pics !

Thanks Peter. I dunno, I've gotten paranoid over fakes in recent years. Everything is faked. Since the price is premium, but short of what I'd guess it's worth (if real) I can't be too careful. I am arranging to see it, but that only gets me so far as I don't know much about them. WIsh me luck if I decide to peruse this! You, OTOH, got one swell deal.

Peter Graham

Scott, if it's practical, take some pics, ask the seller to wait for a day then throw them up here. Someone will soon tell you if it's kosher or not. At least that will put your mind at rest.

Jason

ButteMT61 said:
I dunno, I've gotten paranoid over fakes in recent years. Everything is faked.

Agreed, its amazing what things some will try to cash in on by pumping out the fakes. I recently went through a pretty exhaustive search for two sets of headphones: a cheap but robust pair I could use while out walking, and a better pair to use at home. My research indicated that there are multitudes of fake copies for both, even though neither are the usual recognised brands (eg Sennheiser, Bose, Marantz etc) - copies for the budget and top shelf headphones are rife!

saunders

Roughwear said:

42-12693-P
42-21699-P
43-13608 AF

Andrew, was 35-1545-P a no-name B-3? How about 43-13608 AF?

Where did you find the documentation to nail the date down to month and year for 17758? Was this an original or secondary source of information?

Thanks.

Saunders

Roughwear

All these contracts actually have Werber on the label. Check out Full Gear. The date for the 17758 contract is derived from original contract info in the Poughkeepsie Eagle. There is a tread about it on the forum. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9022

saunders

Roughwear said:
All these contracts actually have Werber on the label. Check out Full Gear. The date for the 17758 contract is derived from original contract info in the Poughkeepsie Eagle. There is a tread about it on the forum. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9022

Thanks for the reply. Great research, Andrew! I tried to find a data base for the two newspapers online but didn't locate any. Could you be kind enough to share where you found this info?

Saunders

Roughwear

I'll see what I can do. In the meantime perhaps you could share any useful information you might have on B-3 or A-2 contracts.