• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Design For New jacket

442RCT

I'm going to have a jacket painted and have been playing around with Photoshop.
I can't really make up my mind.
Here's one of the designs I liked. Aloha Cowboy is a store on Maui and for personal reasons, I really like it for a logo.
alohacowboycopy.jpg

Design # 2: B-25 with Varga Girl - Target For Tonite
target_b25_02.jpg

Design # 3: Island Girl with 14th AAF Logo
GOFORBROKE_01copy.jpg

Design # 4: Miss Lace with CBI
ABITOFLACEcopy.jpg

ANY Opinions will be welcomed...even if they're negative. ;)

jonnyboy

They all look great to me, but my favourite is 'Aloha Cowboy'. I think that will look great on the back of a jacket!

Cheers,

Jon

deand

#1, then #2, then #3, then #4. But they all depend on the beholder. Love your work, BTW!

dean

dujardin

"Miss Lace" is............giant

Aloha Cowboy is coolllllllllllll

don't like too much the others

though i'm well unable to make just a % of your work

capt71

They all look pretty good IMHO.

However, be careful using the "Aloha Cowboy" image if it's copyrighted by, or a registered trademark/logo of the store. You might want to contact them to make sure it's ok to use it.

Good work all around!!

442RCT

capt71 said:
They all look pretty good IMHO.

However, be careful using the "Aloha Cowboy" image if it's copyrighted by, or a registered trademark/logo of the store. You might want to contact them to make sure it's ok to use it.

Good work all around!!

Thanks ! :D I really doubt a western store in Makawao, Hawaii is gonna care about copyright infringement even if I were to use their logo, which I'm not. Their logo has a Hawaiian lass in a grass skirt wearing a cowboy hat, boots, a lei and a big smile, riding a surf board. I just like the name "Aloha Cowboy", which is also a book written in 1988 about, Hawaiian cowboys.

My S.A.S.S. name is, The Aloha Kid. (for those who don't know what S.A.S.S. means, it's Single Action Shooters Society. That's when grown-ups pick a persona, dress up like cowboys and shoot shotguns, rifles and pistols in organized events. Much like the people who participate in Renaissance Festivals...instead of being knights with swords and armor, we have guns, ten gallon hats and boots. :lol:
http://www.sassnet.com/.

unclegrumpy

I like the "Aloha Cowboy" as well, though I am wondering what she would look like with a contrasting colored outfit instead of the white....maybe blue or red???

442RCT

unclegrumpy said:
I like the "Aloha Cowboy" as well, though I am wondering what she would look like with a contrasting colored outfit instead of the white....maybe blue or red???

I'll discuss this with the artist.
We might paint the B-25 OD green to contrast the pin-up.
Afterwards, I was planning on sewing on a, 4th Bomb Sqn pieced leather patch that I got from a2patches
DSCF0006-2-1.jpg

This a shot of a tee shirt with the pinup logo for the 'Aloha Cowboy" store in Hawaii.
At one time, I seriously considered using this for a jacket back when I saw it.
I ended up buying 2 tee shirts and a baseball hat with the logo instead. :lol:
EDSC0794.jpg

442RCT

My Aloha Cowboy jacket arrived last week. It was painted by Charles R. Taylor, aviation artist.
332164924v41_480x480_Front.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg