• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Database

John Lever

I think it might be useful if we had a special section solely as a database of jacket dimensions.
As a group we must have the largest collection of jackets. Measurements of various types and sizes would be very informative as a reference and would aid in choosing the right size when ordering.
Presentation might best be in the form of some kind of spread sheet that can easily be filled in to show a set of standard dimensions.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Good plan, John ... though in my experience, the interpretation of measurements can vary widely.

Persimmon

Will there be a section for repro's in a just out of the box version and also after wash techniques ?

442RCT

Besides the jacket measurements, would it help if the poster gave his height and weight or shirt size, or suit size perhaps ?

sixties.nut

You can do a public or private spreadsheet free with google docs with very little effort. Even still I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in starting one. Forgive me I'm a little dishearted this morning after tracking this site for half a year now, I saw the first sz.44 jacket posted and it went straight to the bay. Straight to the bay. Maybe this not a site for beginners. :x

A

Anonymous

I have done it, but the measurements are all over the map.
No two jackets of the same size/maker measure the same.
It's frustrating.