• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CWU-36/P

littlebuddy

hi all , i have this jacket here at home , it was in a collection left to me by my uncle , i was hoping someone could give me an idea on its re sale value ? it doesnt fit in with my collection and i could put the funds towards something that does ! :D

I would also like to know what date it is as well please ! i cant workout these new fangled labels ! :D

Many thanks

Carl
e1eecc9a-9877-42d5-9ecc-c301258be160_zps0c32668f.jpg

DSCF3585_zps5e9da34c.jpg

[imghttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/randcthebungalow/CWU/DSCF3584_zps077918df.jpg][/img]

DSCF3583_zps07e0777b.jpg

DSCF3584_zps077918df.jpg

Rutger

littlebuddy said:
hi all , i have this jacket here at home , it was in a collection left to me by my uncle , i was hoping someone could give me an idea on its re sale value ? it doesnt fit in with my collection and i could put the funds towards something that does ! :D

I would also like to know what date it is as well please ! i cant workout these new fangled labels ! :D

Many thanks

Carl

DSCF3584_zps077918df.jpg

1986 jacket, from what I can see never worn, so may reach $100 on ebay. These are available all the time on ebay.
The name tag however may well make this a bit more attractive.
Just my $0.02, check ebay for more.

littlebuddy

thank you ,i had looked at Ebay , but the price on them varied so much ,i didnt know where i should be on it !

Thanks again

Carl

FtrPlt

The jacket does not appear configured to match the nametag -- no shoulder rank, velcro for patches, etc -- so it really needs to be viewed on the merits of just the jacket. $100 is a pretty steep price for a C-series jacket. I purchased my last one (about 5 weeks ago) for about $65, including postage (shipped within the US).

littlebuddy

I forgot to mention in the fit's post , that the name tag was in a bag of patches etc that I got from my uncle , I put it on the jacket just to liven it up a little it is NOT original to the jacket
sorry for any confusion caused

Carl

Phantomfixer

it looks like the jacket is in very nice condition, strong tag, good clean knits, no piling. Nomex looks good not washed out....Made in 86 or contract date of 86.
value can flucuate on the Ebay auctions....45-80 generally, this one I would think would be on the high side based on condition.
Some guys like all the velcro some don't, early CWU 36 and 45's only came with the name tag velcro, if I remember right, unit velcro was added by fab shop, wasn't till later date(?) they came standard with all the velcro....

ausreenactor

littlebuddy said:
I forgot to mention in the fit's post , that the name tag was in a bag of patches etc that I got from my uncle , I put it on the jacket just to liven it up a little it is NOT original to the jacket
sorry for any confusion caused

Carl

Sell the patches individually (after you select any you would like to keep) and your sale of the jacket will be negated. :cool:

Couchy

littlebuddy

what should that look like ??? i dont recall any with 512th on them but ill have a look !

i have a few US NAVY patches for definate !

LB