• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Customs

John Lever

I feel I have to say what a complete joke UK customs are. An item arrived in the UK from the US on the 10th. and has only just cleared customs. Why should it take so long ? Imagine if you are running a business and had a critical engine part waiting for a very important repair,the delay could cause huge customer problems. They really do need a kick up the arse.

A

Anonymous

Agree,
but being a UK citizen has so many other advantages that I wouldn't mind if the customs delayed a bit once in a while.

bfrench

Administrator
John Lever said:
I feel I have to say what a complete joke UK customs are. An item arrived in the UK from the US on the 10th. and has only just cleared customs. Why should it take so long ? Imagine if you are running a business and had a critical engine part waiting for a very important repair,the delay could cause huge customer problems. They really do need a kick up the arse.

Most of the big importers here use a broker or have a broker in their employ - they do the paperwork and it's sometimes out the door the same day - at least here it works that way.

I agree with Platon about British citizenship but go a step further with having dual - Brit / Canuck - makes it easy to travel.

John Lever

bfrench said:
John Lever said:

Most of the big importers here use a broker or have a broker in their employ - they do the paperwork and it's sometimes out the door the same day - at least here it works that way.

I agree with Platon about British citizenship but go a step further with having dual - Brit / Canuck - makes it easy to travel.
Bill,
US customs have taken similar times to process items.

regius

I agree with Bill, sometimes.

My previous Aero orders takes 1 day between "inboud into customs" and "arrived at local office". But my Alexander package has been at the "inbound" status for 5 days, and today it changed to "outbound", where to?? I hope it's not heading back to Scotland!!