• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crossover appeal?

zoomer

I mean...well, look and you'll see what I mean.
It's got 16 bids, up over $1 grand, with a week to go.
It can't just be the amazing art and amazing condition, am I right?
542c.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-B-17-Lady-Gay- ... 0519236025

TankBuster

Paul,
I'm not sure what you are asking? Nice painted jackets sell for much higher than where this is currently at. A very well executed painted jacket such as this one, even without being in a grouping will normally sell for $2,500+.

zoomer

To be frank, I thought it might be attracting unusual interest because it's a vintage styled object with the word gay on it. Many gay guys are into this era of history - or more concisely, many of the people who are into it are gay guys, at least as a % of those I have known.

Don't misunderstand - I think we probably need them, because for whatever reasons, they see the specialness in things many of us miss.

442RCT

TankBuster said:
Paul,
I'm not sure what you are asking? Nice painted jackets sell for much higher than where this is currently at. A very well executed painted jacket such as this one, even without being in a grouping will normally sell for $2,500+.

Wowzers !!! Sold for, $4,500 :shock:

TankBuster

Yes, original decorated jackets and groupings have been selling for some very high amounts over the last few months. I've seen 5 painted jackets within the last 3 months hit close to 5K!!!!