• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

couple of nice ww2 a-2 jackets to watch ...

Roughwear

They certainly are very nice indeed, but sadly too small for most people to wear these days. The CBI Aero is certainly in outstanding condition.

TankBuster

Not everyone wears named and patched original A-2 jackets.
I know I have no desire to wear any of mine. Gotta keep the
collectors in mind Andrew! ;)

Roughwear

TankBuster said:
Not everyone wears named and patched original A-2 jackets.
I know I have no desire to wear any of mine. Gotta keep the
collectors in mind Andrew! ;)

Actually I don't wear my named and patched A2s apart from to the odd air show. I wear repros as daily wearers as I don't want to risk damaging an original.

TankBuster

I agree. I don't have the nerve for it. That's why
I buy them more for their historical value (groupings).
So, really size of the jacket is normally not that big of
an issue to me.
Don't get me wrong, I still wear some of my plain originals,
like my 2 B-10's and my nice plain size 44 Doniger A-2.
I even wear these sparingly at most. I'm too concerned
about damaging them to really even enjoy it.
But, I still do!!!! :D

Peter Graham

I wear an original WW2 jacket every day of the week. I rotate the jackets to minimize damage but I'm aware that damage occurs. I've practically worn out a mint N-1 deck jacket but that's what I buy them for. In my size originals are cheaper than repros. I've bought jackets that are too valuable or delicate to wear but I don't have anywhere to display them so I've sold them. I understand where you guys are coming from but if I could afford the jackets in this thread I would wear them too. Does this make me a bad person ?

jacketimp

Peter Graham said:
I wear an original WW2 jacket every day of the week. I rotate the jackets to minimize damage but I'm aware that damage occurs. I've practically worn out a mint N-1 deck jacket but that's what I buy them for. In my size originals are cheaper than repros. I've bought jackets that are too valuable or delicate to wear but I don't have anywhere to display them so I've sold them. I understand where you guys are coming from but if I could afford the jackets in this thread I would wear them too. Does this make me a bad person ?

no that makes you your own person :)

TankBuster

jacketimp said:
Peter Graham said:

no that makes you your own person :)

Exactly! I just meant that there is an ass for every saddle out there so
to speak. Not everyone wears the jackets that they buy. I know there
are plenty that do, and I have no problem with that. I also know lots of
guys that buy for historical purposes only as well.
There is no right or wrong, as long as you enjoy what you're doing! ;)