• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Could not resist any longer...

Andrew

You have a Mate with a Spitfire? :shock:

Great pics Nigel, the rest of your kit looks excellent too. I can see a big investment there. I have a similar set of gear which is unfortunately just a wee bit small for me to wear comfortably, though I have to admit i've put it all together just to see what it felt like- bulky!

NW Carver

Thought that I would add some more pictures done the old fashioned way....

Picture280-1.jpg

Picture282-2.jpg

Picture283-1.jpg

Picture286-1-1.jpg

NW Carver

Thanks Andrew :D Yes, he actually owns 2 MK9s...

While my other mate has his own hangar, where he restores vintage aircraft for a living, and flies...many aircraft, from Tiger Moths, to Harvards, to ME108s...and the two MK9s for my other mate that I just mentioned... :D

Yep, the kit is bulky - when you try it all on in the cockpit, you suddenly find that one out! :)

Jons jacket looks great in the pics!

Andrew

Well why stop at one I say. Handy bunch of friends to have. Your vintage shots look great, what programme're you using?

Since its the day after BoB here's my version with a door.... can't afford a Spitfire.
RIMG0036-1.jpg

jonnyboy

Hi Nigel,

Great photos!!

You really look the part, and it's great to see one of my jackets with a Spitfire! The fit looks good too.

Thanks for posting them to the forum. For me, there's no better endorsement for what I'm making than a good review and a set of photos like these. Thanks a million!

The jacket should get better and better the more you wear it. Jacket #1 is breaking in nicely, and is worn every evening when I do a bit of star gazing in the garden!

Cheers,

Jon

NW Carver

Jon

No, thank you mate! :D

The jacket is superb and is starting to break in well - all it really needed was a bit of wearing...Its now started to loosen a little.. :D

I did a quick comparison with my mates Eastman, that he took to the show - his jacket is about 5 years old - and mine (yours!) was much much the better jacket in fit/cut/colour/look and the actual feel of the leather...

Must admit the only Eastman Irvins that I have ever seen which appear to be good are the very old ones..the 10-12 year ones etc...

I was trying to get a shot in the Spitfire wearing it - but was pressed for time, as he was due to fly it that day...He has promised to wear it in the cockpit for me next time he takes the Spitfire up :D

You are more than welcome to the pictures - can email them to you if you want to use them...B/W and Col?

Kind regards

NW Carver

Sorry Andrew - forgot to add that the programme I am using is in Photo-bucket - its the effects tab and turns your pictures into old style versions... :D

Roughwear

Nigel, your Irvin looks great with the Spitfire in the background. It really does look similar to an original Wareings. :)

Picture005a-1.jpg

NW Carver

Thanks Andrew-love your picture! Yes, the jacket that Jon made does look incredibly similar to your Warings! :)

RCSignals

Roughwear said:
Nigel, your Irvin looks great with the Spitfire in the background. It really does look similar to an original Wareings. :)

Picture005a-1.jpg

If you stood a little over to the right of the photo for your head to block out the light on the wall, one would not know it wasn't truly vintage.

Hawkeye

Ha, thats the old Ed Russel Spitfire, used to have a Mickey Mouse noseart where the leaping horse art is now. I was lucky enough to see it fly quite a bit when it was still based here in Canada. The Irvin looks fantastic

NW Carver

Thanks Hawkeye! :) The Spitfire is currently being fully serviced back to full flying condition after a re-build-its going to be used as the spare mount for the Kent Spitfire team.

dujardin

your jacket looks good
she's terrific

photos are splendid, especially with aging process

thankssssssssss