• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cost over value? M422a quest about to begin.

Tim P

I once owned a beautiful Eastman Gordon and Ferguson limited run M422a nice mid brown and a very different animal from any G1 you usually see. Anyway, it went but Ive developed a bit of a hankering to get another one. I never come on here without showering praise on Eastman and bemoaning the fact that their range is out of my budget.
So at what point does the curve hit optimum cost over value with an M422a? Ive seen offerings at £200 or so and I know you get what you pay for.
So when considering a fully accurate mid brown, grainy jacket, red lined, with a decent collar, wheres the smart money at ?

mulceber

For a repro, definitely consider AVI. Spend a little money on getting a better label, and get a better Talon zipper slider on ebay, and you've got a repro that's in the same ballpark of accuracy as Eastman. The mouton collar will most likely be better than what Eastman has to offer.

But if you really want to go all out for a one-and-done great repro, my vote would be to put down a deposit with either GW or Sheeley, and start saving while you wait.

Last edited: