• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

complete loss of reality - ebay...

Enigma1938

I occasionally search for Luftwaffe jackets and stumble repeatedly over this offer.
Around a year ago this jacket was already offered on ebay for around half the price, now it's still there but the price doubled. Others drop their prices if they aren't able to sell, this guy just does the opposite o_O I don't get it...
Beside that this is waaaay overpriced, that would just be justified if this jacket belonged to Erich Hartmann himself...
Screenshot_20231026_234924_eBay.jpg

Kermit3D

For some people, a high price is a sign of seriousness/quality/authenticity (and vice versa).
I think this is the seller's target.

I have serious doubts about this jacket... These side buckles are very different from what we usually see.

Moreover, the seller doesn't inspire confidence. He also sells this jacket (see link below), claiming that it was worn by luftwaffe pilots :D (LOL)... I'm pretty sure it's a 70-80s jacket.
=> 3000 bucks :D

Chandler

"Large size*?" Is that extra large?

Maybe it was Göring's?:p

*Why is the forum translating my wording without prompting? Never seen that -- I'm trying to quote the eBay listing with its words (large size*) and the site changes it after I edit.:confused:

*Still doing it.:mad:

Last edited:

Kermit3D

Some laughable examples of what this seller calls luftwaffe jackets :

Kermit3D

but hey … that doesn’t make him a scammer …….. :rolleyes:
Actually, I'd say he's clearly a scammer (especially when you see the other jackets he sells) :p
But one thing reassures me, nothing sells. Everything has been there for a long time, and will be there for a long time to come.

Johnnie Espresso

guys, this seller is to be called "shady" at best. Either he has two accounts or he has a buddy in this game. He calls himself "roomnine" on german ebay (https://www.ebay.de/usr/roomnine?_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l2559) and if you watch for long enough, the same jackets that rbnrbal sells show up on his account every now and then. Since this other dude conveniently lives in the same city i reside in, i wrote him once to inspect one of his jackets IRL. This was totally not an option for him. He angrily refused and told me "it wouldn't fit me anyway", whatever he meant by that.

CombatWombat

He really reminds me of a Thai seller (riverkawi1/animalfromhell) who flip-flops stock between the two accounts :mad:
FleaBay has known about these types for decades but seems to do nothing