• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coming soon...

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
saunders said:
Please let me preface my comments by saying that I ask this with no mean-spirited rancor intended; I'm just trying to get to the heart of the logic in this entire premise that it's okay to violate IP property rights as long as the rights belong to someone else and the IP is perceived as insignificant to the violator: If you invested time and money in a project, how would you feel if someone began using the fruits of your investment for their gain without paying you anything? Would it be okay if you worked at your job or business without being paid?

Saunders

I'm not getting this one ... Toyo have paid for the rights to reproduce the shirt, and now Miles is selling a second hand shirt. What's the problem?

No one would expect to receive royalties every time an item is resold. :?

Persimmon

deeb7 said:
saunders said:
Please let me preface my comments by saying that I ask this with no mean-spirited rancor intended; I'm just trying to get to the heart of the logic in this entire premise that it's okay to violate IP property rights as long as the rights belong to someone else and the IP is perceived as insignificant to the violator: If you invested time and money in a project, how would you feel if someone began using the fruits of your investment for their gain without paying you anything? Would it be okay if you worked at your job or business without being paid?

Saunders

I'm not getting this one ... Toyo have paid for the rights to reproduce the shirt, and now Miles is selling a second hand shirt. What's the problem?

No one would expect to receive royalties every time an item is resold. :?

I don't think it really was meant specifically at Miles comments.
More a generalisation on the subject.

On the products I produce these are copyright and marked accordingly.
Lots of work and time and ...costs have gone in to taking them to market.
If I were to have these ripped off then I would put all my efforts in the legal route to go after the company/person who is effectively stealing from me.

I am not talking of selling on second hand.
It is the trading of brand new products pretending to be another company's property (in this case my products) that is wrong in my eyes.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Persimmon said:
I don't think it really was meant specifically at Miles comments.
More a generalisation on the subject.

I thought the reply was directed at Miles ... it quoted his post in its entirety.

It is the trading of brand new products pretending to be another company's property (in this case my products) that is wrong in my eyes.

Yes, that's another matter entirely, I detest fakes, but I didn't think we were discussing them here. With regard to Platon's original post, and the Steve McQueen jacket, I've already suggested it's a bad idea.

asiamiles

saunders said:
Would it be okay if you worked at your job or business without being paid? [/color]
I do it all the time!

The shirt was probably new, if that makes any difference, but it was just an isolated item. The fact that HPA was selling the exact same shirt suggested to me that actually the action taken was not strictly legal but that eBay simply play it safe and if anyone claims someone is breaking their copyright they will remove the offending item.