• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Combat clone no4

ButteMT61

Yeah, saw that this AM and was like - WOW - can't tell me that's not a 70 year old jacket. Pre-worn, aged, you name it almost always looks lil sh**, but I have to say, these CC's are looking really nice. In a "I don't have to break this in to look cool" way. Props to JC for such a good job on a tough procedure to do well.

CBI

Ridiculously good. This is what makes Chapman so super. You always think, "Well, it can't get better than THAT!" and then it does!

In my size too -ouch!

ButteMT61

Contemplating another Ventura in that hide/finish. Only thing is that I don't honestly think I can wait for two years. I was struggling with one year, but two - hell, I might be dead by then! :lol:

Peter Graham

I was about to make a smartass remark about you guys getting all hyperbole about a jacket until I clicked on the photos. Really impressive. John has got it sussed.

TankBuster

I agree! Beautiful jacket. One if the best repros I've ever seen. I would buy one, but 2 years is too long for me. There's a lot that can happen in that amount of time.

johnwayne

Crikey, JC is doing my head in! I keep thinking, 'that's is, I don't need another A2' and he pops up with combat clones like that - good job the money's tight to tie my hands!!
Can repro's get any better?
Cheers
Wayne

Roughwear

Now this is what a Cooper A2 would have looked like after 6 months of continuous wear in 1942. They don't get any better than this. Simply fantastic. Well done john. :)

MikeyB-17

Incredible, only thing I will say is that somebody ought to find a way to age knits (short of making a load of holes). I always think it looks a bit odd to have a beat-up, worn jacket with pristine, brand new knits. I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to pre-wash them or something.

foster

MikeyB-17 said:
Incredible, only thing I will say is that somebody ought to find a way to age knits (short of making a load of holes). I always think it looks a bit odd to have a beat-up, worn jacket with pristine, brand new knits. I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to pre-wash them or something.

Thanks for posting this, I am of the same opinion but was hesitant to type out my thoughts on the subject.

I agree the treatment looks great, but it just isn't for me.

ButteMT61

I am more interested in getting another GW Ventura with this hide/finish. One can only wear so many A-2's out here, so I think that getting this treatment on a civi GW is the ticket for me. That is the first Cooper I will say that I have drooled over :)
As for aging the knits, knits seem to age themselves fairly quickly on their own with use. I suppose wetting and using some sandpaper on them could accelerate it some but knits are the weak link in my experiences over the years...

ButteMT61

TankBuster said:
I agree! Beautiful jacket. One if the best repros I've ever seen. I would buy one, but 2 years is too long for me. There's a lot that can happen in that amount of time.

Yep - I actually loaded the order page 3x this week and stopped short mainly due to the wait. Likely it will be shorter, but even at 12-18 months, I have to say I can't manage the courage. Of course I know the end result will be great, just that I am not getting any younger nor am I getting any more patient :lol:

CBI

I find as we get older, the days go by quicker............12-18 months tends to go by like a blur anymore!

Peter Graham

CBI said:
I find as we get older, the days go by quicker............12-18 months tends to go by like a blur anymore!

Maybe a good way to slow things down is to order a new GW. The days would crawl by, like Christmas when you're ten.

Marv

The Cooper is a nice looking contract but the finish is not for me either I'm afraid.