• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Colimbo

John Lever

New to me but possibly not to others is a Japapese company called Colimbo. They often collaborate with Rainbow Country and Mushmans. Looking at the products, they remind me of The Few and McCoys, stunning sheepskins like B3's and a crazy Great Northern Lancaster Irvin.
As usual prices are sky high.

Screenshot_20211114-091234.png
Screenshot_20211114-091253.png

Pilot

Have seen the name on Yahoo Japan. Assume Rainbow Country is a retailer?
Yes correct!
Colimbo is the low cost outlet/version of The Real McCoy‘s and mostly made in China but labeled ( and marketed via/ ) in Japan…( BTW this is also the case for BR since 2017 for all their goods and for some even earlier).
Greetings from Kyōto.

Last edited:

John Lever

Yes correct!
Colimbo is the low cost outlet/version of The Real McCoy‘s and mostly made in China but labeled ( and marketed via/ ) in Japan…( BTW this is also the case for BR since 2017 for all their goods and for some even earlier).
Greetings from Kyōto.
Low cost....are you serious...? $3000 For a B3 !

Pilot

Low cost....are you serious...? $3000 For a B3 !
Compared to the new, not second hand , not second choice, all sizes up to 44“ available, not second league B-3 from TRMC‘s, nor Buyee resale ( unsolds) yes! low cost!… for Japan… and others in the same line :cool:
But agreed for made in PRC its a bit one the high edge…
All according the RMC‘s price list:

Last edited:

John Lever

The collar tips on the Irvin looks off to me. They’re too pointed .
Agree, but I don't think it's meant to be a 100 % copy, more of an inspired by. Some features like the wide strips adjacent to the zip are seen in rigged jackets of the period.
I would have one for sure.