• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning an Alpha B-15 replica

Clark J

Says on the tag dry clean only,any one know why?Is the lining wool based fill?I have a high efficiency front loading washer,you think it would get recked if I washed it?

Atticus

Clark J said:
Says on the tag dry clean only,any one know why?Is the lining wool based fill?I have a high efficiency front loading washer,you think it would get recked if I washed it?

Yes and yes.

Reminds me of when Billy was telling the class about how his little dog was chasing his big dog when the big dog stopped short. Billy said the little dog, "couldn't stop and ran straight up his big dog's ass!" The teacher was horrified and told Billy not to say such things, and to use the proper term which was "rectum". Billy looked at the class and laughed, "Wrecked'em hell! It killed'em both!"

AF

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Clark J said:
Says on the tag dry clean only,any one know why?Is the lining wool based fill?

Here's the pocket tag ...

• INTERLINING, 58% WOOL, 42% COTTON
    SHELL & LINING 100% NYLON
    DRY CLEAN ONLY MADE IN USA

If you want to try washing, hand wash would be safer.

dadgad

I machine washed three different old MA-1 that I used to own; gentle cycle with cold water and a drop of wool soap and I always got great results, shining nylon and no shrinking at all.