• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Civilian A2 style jacket

better duck

Pretty awfull. Other, more sensitive members beware: you might find the images that lie behind the link rather shocking (no female nude ones, if only they were: these are far worse (from a moral POV)

Tommer45

Hey Guys... although I like the style of the A-2, I really know nothing about them. Is the item mentioned above a fake or is it just the crazy looking dude modelling the jacket that is funny? Just curious.. I'm not interested in buying it I'm just curious what stands out on the jacket that could make it a phony?

I apologize for my ZERO A-2 knowledge. Moto jackets are more my thing.

Tommer

better duck

Not that I'm the most knowledgeable guy on the block (not by a long shot) but what we have here is a morally reprehensible (from a VLJ point of view) combination of at least the following:
# idiotic price for what is definitely not a vintage WW2 issue A2;
# ostensibly expert text, that is so terribly off key to the attuned ear, that it hurts;
# This is nice language for what could well be a deliberate scam of fishing expedition;
# this is obviously a civilian "inspired by" the A2 (and G1 / M422A) jacket, with almost all of the hardware wrong and / or in the wrong place;
# The jacket has gusseted sleeves, like an M422A or G1;
# Those rather exhibitionistic photos of that guy: Yuk

The Talon zipper puller seems wrong to me too, but this is ground that could be better covered by others ...

Tommer45

Very interesting. Thanks for the info BD. To someone with no prior A-2 knowledge the listing sounded legit... although who needs a convincing listing when you have such awesome pictures of the jacket being worn!

Tommer

les_garten

Hello,
Let me start this by saying when someone puts up auctions like this, I consider them to be fair Game! I do the same thing to Telemarketers and unsolicited phone calls to me house.

So I saw this Ebay auction and decided I had a few spare minutes and decided to saddle up "Marvel the Mustang" and ride him around the corral a few times. Let the fun begin....

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hello,
I just read your description about this jacket. Dude, where do you buy CRACK that good! I want some. Seriously, you could make REAL CASH MONEY selling CRACK that good. Unfortunately as evidenced by the swill in your auction description, it DOES rot your brain out.

- les_garten

Dear les_garten,

I am not a dude. Do you think that I am the same person in the photos in this listing? Because I am not. This is a model I hired.

It is rude to insult me this way by calling me a drug addict. This is HARASSMENT!

Don't you have something better to do with your life? Maybe you should spend the time researching and less time being the Flight Jacket Police. Tell all your buddies in your jacket forum to stop being jealous and do your research. This is extremely rare. Just because it doesn't have paintings & embellishments does not mean it is fake. Not everyone who owned a flight jacket liked to decorate it. This same Scully jacket is in the Museum of Flight in Seattle. You are ignorant of this subject.
If you contact me again, I will report you to ebay for harassment.
It is the holiday season. Why don't you spend time with people you love instead of writing rude remarks to people and trying to ruin their holiday. I sell collector and antique items. I know what I am doing and I can ask whatever price I want. IT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

- pacific-northwest-vintage

Dude,
Put down the crack pipe!! I still want some of that stuff you're smokin'!! So YOU think you KNOW what you are talkin' about. Are you lacing your CRACK with LSD? That's a dangerous combination and often leads to delusions like this about Flight Jackets. I know of a great detox center in Southern Spain I can refer you to. Let me Know!!!

- les_garten

Dear les_garten,

I wanted to write once more to thank you. I have now revised my listing. The measurements were off. And you are right that I had too much info in the listing. The real collectors will know what it is. It is such an amazing jacket that it sells itself. So many photos in the listing probably slows down page loading time for some people.

I hope that you have a lovely holiday with your family. Thank you for the advice on making my listing better.

God bless you. I hope you learn manners and to please stop being mean to people. You should find a better way to amuse your self because harassing people is unhealthy and it can get you into a lot of trouble. Usually it is a result of pent up anger, resentment and control issues.
The last thing this world needs is more negativity. I hope that you find peace, joy and love this holiday season.

- pacific-northwest-vintage
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Usually I don't get any response back when I do an auction like this. I don't do it very often. They have to be absurd enough to get my attention. Obviously I'm not the first to punch his button from the list here.

Fess up Boyz!! Who else has been providing free educational; experiences for "pacific-northwest-vintage"?

p.s. I like the jacket too, but no more than $100 or so worth.

p.p.s I keep reading this guys response and can't stop LMAO!!

Edited with latest response. The goofy disco guy was removed but she is still claiming Issued A-2 Jacket.

As Van mentions below, someone who contacted the bidder must have mentioned the forum.

Vcruiser

I just hope that you didn't mention the VLJ by name in your correspondence....
Kinda reminds me of someone else that once posted here.
In any event..Merry Christmas...
Peace on earth and good will toward men... ;)

Stony

This same Scully jacket is in the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

You don't say. Let's see, I worked there for eight years up until April of this year and was there as recently as two weeks ago. There are no flight jackets like this on display at the museum unless they put it up in the last couple of weeks. I will definately have to investigate this claim and put this idiot in his place.
Crack? I think more like heroin.

jacketimp

Stony said:
This same Scully jacket is in the Museum of Flight in Seattle.

You don't say. Let's see, I worked there for eight years up until April of this year and was there as recently as two weeks ago. There are no flight jackets like this on display at the museum unless they put it up in the last couple of weeks. I will definately have to investigate this claim and put this idiot in his place.
Crack? I think more like heroin.

heroine..........esp if the seller is a womin

les_garten

Stony said:
It seems the seller got their information from Scully's site. It is there under their "history" section that that make the claim about the Museum of Flight. Here's the link for those that want to check it out.

http://www.scullyleather.com/history.asp

Well, that statement On Sculley's page is nebulous at best. I think it was nebulous on purpose and deceptive. It says nothing about making "Military" or "Military issue". I guarantee that Joe Schmoes Coat shop made jackets for Pilots in WWI and II. Joe and Aunt Ethelene were in the back with Baby sis sewing em up. Every Crop duster in Hazard county had one in 1942, does that qualify? That ain't got crap to do with A-2's. I tried to get that across to that IdJut with this auction. I usually don't have discussions after the initial fun with bogus auctions. But this person actually acted like "she" wanted to know why I thought it was bogus. When I pointed out 3 obvious glaring issues, then I got an earful about how hateful and "JEALOUS' I was. JEALOUS of that Lambskin-Lookin' POS in her auction!!

The funny part is she really thought the model was putting out a drug dealer kinda VIBE and took him down QUICK after my Crack comment. I hadn't foreseen that! I wished she had left him up, he really helped out on the credibility of that Rag! Jeff Gillooly is Gone but not Forgotten!!

Baron Kurtz

This is not a flight jacket that is musuem quality with decorations or else I would have donated it to my local WWII Musuem

Yeah, OK, whatever. He's been back on the pipe. That's why he's trying to horn in on original "museum quality with decorations" prices, I assume.

This is a lovely jacket. Why can't people just list these as the civilian jackets they are? There's no shame in coming from the Sear's catalogue. Man, if i could find some of the jackets I see in the Sear's catalogues!!!

What a shambles.

bk

asiamiles

Baron Kurtz said:
This is a lovely jacket. Why can't people just list these as the civilian jackets they are?

To justify trying to sell it at $2,300 rather than starting it at $49.99.

les_garten

asiamiles said:
Baron Kurtz said:
This is a lovely jacket. Why can't people just list these as the civilian jackets they are?

I told here the jacketr was worth tops $200 and needed $200-300 in repair. That statement I'm sure wasn't popular.

jacketimp

les_garten said:
asiamiles said:
Baron Kurtz said:

I told here the jacketr was worth tops $200 and needed $200-300 in repair. That statement I'm sure wasn't popular.

$2-300, NOT $2,300.......

Stony

She replied to me that I was the third person to tell her the jacket wasn't worth that much and that we were all over here talking about her behind her back. She also said that she caters to fashion conisours, not military flight jacket collectors and that the jacket would sell for what she is asking. She also said that she's reported all three of us to ebay for harrassment. :eek:

Needless to say, I think we pushed her button. :roll:

Roughwear

Stony said:
She replied to me that I was the third person to tell her the jacket wasn't worth that much and that we were all over here talking about her behind her back. She also said that she caters to fashion conisours, not military flight jacket collectors and that the jacket would sell for what she is asking. She also said that she's reported all three of us to ebay for harrassment. :eek:

Needless to say, I think we pushed her button. :roll:

Perhaps she is a guest on the forum and has read our posts? I might be the third person as I also told her it was a civilian A2 style jacket worth around $200! She has not bothered to reply yet.

Stony

I just checked her listing again as I am "watching" the auction and the "buy it now" is now down to $1,400. Looks like our inquisitions have dropped the price considerably.