• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chuck Yeager's A-2

Officer Dibley

Not on display ? WTF !!! If it's on loan, then where ? If it's locked away, that is a crime !
Shows that many museum curators have their little area of interest and know nothing about a lot......

Stony

Not on display ? WTF !!! If it's on loan, then where ? If it's locked away, that is a crime !
Shows that many museum curators have their little area of interest and know nothing about a lot......

I worked at the Museum of Flight in Seattle for eight years, so I know what you're talking about. A ongoing problem I also saw while working there is that the people that get jobs there know little or nothing about the subject matter.

Silver Surfer

hahahahaahahaa, the same at any museum. curators bounce outta advanced mfds, phds, mbas, etc, and they know "everything about everything" but dont know jack shit. education now seems to have a kinda merit system along the lines of, get the sheep skin [for you jacket junkies, and get a mid management job, mid curatorial job, mid....whatever, and work your way up to ruining what ever enterprise you are involved in by being "the smartest guy-gal in the room". oh, and it helps to be insistent about it. rant over.

Grant

Years ago it was on display at the Steven Udvar - Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA. I was there earlier this year for their restoration facility open house and asked about Yeager's Monarch. They said it was permanently in storage with no plans of exhibiting. I told them there are a number of collectors that would make the trip to see it - they looked at me like I was some kind of freak!

B-Man2

Years ago it was on display at the Steven Udvar - Hazy Center in Chantilly, VA. I was there earlier this year for their restoration facility open house and asked about Yeager's Monarch. They said it was permanently in storage with no plans of exhibiting. I told them there are a number of collectors that would make the trip to see it - they looked at me like I was some kind of freak!
Unfortunately it will probably just remain boxed up in their achieves, until one day when they realize that, it has just mysteriously disappeared. Then it will be gone forever and their attitude will likely be, “Oh Well”

Stony

Here is Yeager's Monarch to make it a bit more expeditious.

3bb848ad-98d2-46c6-baf7-32e0c0977e38-original.jpg

Grant

that’s also part of the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum. It’s where the Enola Gay and a large number of rare aircraft are on display. If you haven’t been, highly recommend it.