• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cheap Repro Aero size 42

DiamondDave

The "Aero Flight Manf" Label was used exclusively (According to Mark Moye) on their cheap steerhide jackets and was not something that was used on the Horsehide jackets, from what I understand.

DD

Roughwear

jacketimp said:
if i remember correctly the seller had a run in with a member of this forum???

Quite correct-me! He tried to pass off a repro naval fleece as an original. Anyway the Aero has sold.

CBI

Harsh!!! Aero makes very nice stuff, even this jacket looks pretty nice. I stick with GW but really,there were so many private purchase A-2's in WWII that any decent vintage looking premium A-2 can "sort of" count. I agree, not my taste this Aero but?

Burnsie

Being naturally curious I searched past posts and yes there seems to be a slight, subtle anti-Aero theme...
It's simple, I find my Aero's to be exceptionally well made and of superior hides. I think that counts for something, maybe I'm wrong...

CBI

Fedora Lounge = lots of Aero fans

VLJ = Goodwearland

Generalizations of course. For 100% authenticity, a "clone" of an A-2 w/o modern day concessions, cut, fit - its Goodwear and it seems that many on VLJ (at least the ones who post) like/prefer GW for this reason. For a jacket that really mimicks a WWII A-2, Aero just doesn't do it as nice a jacket as it is. For me, if I were to buy a repro vintage biker/driving jacket, like a Highwayman or something, Aero would be it for sure, GREAT hides.

My opinion(s) only

jacketimp

oh dear so where do we original A2 jktheads need to go?

ex-members like contrail chaser... paul sanders.....brooks.......tranquility base.......have they discovered............

JRaptor

sgbailey2002 said:
Vcruiser said:
sgbailey2002 said:
Old news and tiresome as well........

SGB

Absolutely....like a stuck record....

Stuck and broken, a One Trick Pony.

SGB

Sorry to offend guys, I must of had a few beers that night. But Aero is overrated IMHO, especially there sheepskins.

I did see one that I really liked thow, and that was one PADDY from FL had, the thing looked like an original.

Vcruiser

JRaptor said:
Sorry to offend guys, I must of had a few beers that night. But Aero is overrated IMHO, especially there sheepskins. This is not any worse than the many posts I read all the time saying "My Aero is this," or "My Aero is that"...
Again, sorry if I offended you Aero owners.

I did see one that I really liked and that was one PADDY from FL had, the thing looked like an original.

I have no idea what you've seen...or haven't seen. Many of us,here,enjoy our Aero A2s...along with some Aero shearling. In fact..my Aero B6 is quite nice.
Van

JRaptor

Did like PADDY's Aero A-2 tho, one of the best repros I have ever seen!

Gotta admit in some of the old VLJ forums Aero's were shoved down our throats, and the 2 that I briefly had possession of I didn't like at all.

PADDY_M

Sorry to offend guys, I must of had a few beers that night. But Aero is overrated IMHO, especially there sheepskins.

I did see one that I really liked thow, and that was one PADDY from FL had, the thing looked like an original.

This one? this was the first oil pull that Aero made. Now long gone to some other owner.