• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CBI 23rd FIGHTER GROUP PATCH SET

A

Anonymous

AS some of you know I make patches as a hobby ,I like the leather layer type .I just finished this set and I feel I am getting the required look of the period .Any imput from other members would be appreciated good or bad ,I have also made this squadron patch in brown and white and there appear to be 3 patterns for this patch .Also any originals that you guys have would be useful reference for me to replicate patches if you would post them .Also any one interrested in making their own patches I would help them guide them with some tips I have learned or maybe someone has some tips I could pick up .I am always willing to learn as I am still just a novice at this .I do enjoy the full circle of taking scraps of leather and turning them into patches .

cbi002.jpg

cbi005.jpg

cbi004.jpg

All the best Jeff

Chris217

Jeff, you did an outstanding job on those patches!!
They look like they were made in 1944 Calcutta, not NYC in 2009!

cheaterome

Most of the original cbi stuff i have seen has a grainy thin leather if not reversed into suede for contrast, you did a real nice job .
Pretty "theater made" looking to me.

Jerome

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys for your imput much appreciated ,most of my patches are made from ladies handbags from the salvation army .My girfriend gets a good laugh out of it when I come with them .The leather is very thin and excellent quality plus they have been broken in .Most of the bags are steerhide and I stay away from lambskin ,it stretches and the stiching pulls it out of shape .I try to make all the paches without paint ,the black lines are indian ink drawn with a pen with a nib .

Alt the best Jeff

A

Anonymous

Chris217 said:
Jeff, you did an outstanding job on those patches!!
They look like they were made in 1944 Calcutta, not NYC in 2009!

Hi Chris when you get the set put on you Star A-2 lets see a picture of it ,Chris bought` the above patches off me for one of his Star A-2 thanks Chris .

Chris217

Jeff,

Again, Thank you so much for the patches!!

Guys, I gotta tell ya, I was blown away when I got these patches in the mail! The photos do not do these patches justice! They look and feel just like original CBI leather composite patches. Jeff is truly becoming a master at this! They have that "in-theatre" look, which I love so much.

I have a ELC Star that's going to be tricked out with Jeff's patches. I'll post pic's when I get it done.

Chris