• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Catch 22

RadioJack

So I know this was an old topic on the old board, but I finally figured out what kind of Jacket Alan Arkin is wearing as Yossarian. For much of the movie the contrast is too high to get a sense of what it could be, but then, in the part right before Snowden reveals his secret, you see the angled corners on the front pockets. I was just watching it and happened to catch this, but its either a Bronco or a United jacket. I doubt youll be able to see the shoulder seam and tell. But hey, mystery solved!

T-Bolt

Good job of sleuthing, Jack! I have not seen Catch 22 for quite a while.....I am going to have to get a copy and check it out.

Ted

Roughwear

Like you Ted, i have not seen the film for some time, but i do remember that there were many original A2s used in it. I wonder where they are now?

Cliff

I always thought that the A2s in Catch 22 were overly "broken in" in appearance ie far too "distressed" . They looked more like they were 25 years old (which most were) than 4 or 5 years old (which is what they were supposed to portray) I read somewhere that most of the actors kept their jackets after shooting was finished but that could have been just a malicious rumour ! I must admit I would have attempted to spirit my allocated "costume" away if I had been them, what an awesome collection, the film was very good too !

rgds

Cliff

MikeyB-17

I remember Ken Calder saying in the old days of the Classic 20th that he had a few of the Catch-22 jackets pass through his hands in the Thrift Shop days. The patches and name tags were apparently painted canvas. They were a bit short of A-2's during the filming, the guys in the background are wearing shirts painted brown!