• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car art--artist doing some for art/car lovers

Bitzman

At last: Bizzarrini-themed Sports Car Wear
by Lita Makati

Name a million dollar plus sports car that is very much sought after but has no memorabilia to speak of?
Not Ferrari--you would need about 25 feet of bookshelves to accommodate just the hardbound books.
Even McLaren, a relative newcomer, has hats, books and jackets.
The answer is Bizzarrini.
Wallace Wyss, a historian and fine artist, sends us news
That he is creating Bizzarrini-themed clothing by having
cloth prints of his favorite Bizzarrini paintings sewn
onto vintage-style leather jackets.
The first samples have words on them, but the same art work can be ordered without words.
Why leather? "I'm convinced the bomber jacket is a staple
in the sports car community because they last forever, " Wyss says.
They actually were developed in World War I but were re-issued in both WWII and Korea.
He prefers two-pocket bomber jacket styles but eschews the real WWII and Korean
military ones "because they aren't soft enough."
Anybody who orders one of his 20" x 30" oils on canvas portraits will be
entitled to one at no extra cost.
For those who just want to order the jacket alone, they are $400.
He stocks several sizes to choose from, A careful set of measuring
instructions are sent to those who order one. "Sleeve length is no. 1 but circumference--waist size--is important too, I stock mostly L and XL."
"Brand names are immaterial to me," says Wyss. "I buy them solely
on color, condition, texture and softness."
"I prefer brown, with a faded look, not shiny. I will be doing a black one of a black Ferrari 275GTB/4 with black background to see how it looks but I think shiny black leather jackets are a different market."
What about sewing them on the customer's favorite jacket? "I don't want to be responsible for replacing it if it's lost or damaged," he says. "I know how attached some people are to their jacket--I don't want to ruin a family heirloom, say a jacket some guy inherited from his father for instance."."
Wyss has sold jackets featuring his paintings of a dozen other marques, mostly Ferraris. "My whole art portfolio--over 50 paintings--can be ordered from," he says.
Information is available by writing [email protected]

caption: This one has lettering on the art work but jackets can be ordered sans lettering.
cropped bizzarrini jacket.JPG
IMG_0629 (2).JPG
download (29).jpg