• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captured B-3

Django

Check out this pic...

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-666-6875-052.jpg

John Lever

Looks like they are checking out the girls chest and not the plane. The jacket looks well worn.
Notice the seam in the arm facing, never seen that before.

havocpaul

This famous pic is from a series showing Heinz Barr who is wearing a captured A-2 in this pic, thse jackets were highly-prized by the Luftwaffe pilots.

oose

Hi,
The pilot wearing the B-3 is Oberfeldwebel Leo Schuhmacher, of II/JG 1, Heinz Bar's wingman.

yours stu

rich

I've seen it somewhere too - is it in the Golden Book? Or maybe Prodger's RAF vs. Luftwaffe.........
I was wondering what the Germans would have done with all those .50cals, they must have recovered a lot of them over the years. I was looking to see which variant of B-17 this is, without the chin turret and I came across this pic...............

crew.jpg

I guess the Germans liked our jackets! Can't blame them. Personally I kind of like their jackets. I love black leather moto jackets which is pretty much what they wore.

Swing

rich said:
I've seen it somewhere too - is it in the Golden Book? Or maybe Prodger's RAF vs. Luftwaffe.........
I was wondering what the Germans would have done with all those .50cals, they must have recovered a lot of them over the years. I was looking to see which variant of B-17 this is, without the chin turret and I came across this pic...............

That photo of the two Luftwaffe pilots in American jackets has been everywhere.

As for the B-17, looks like an E model.

~Swing

John Lever

sealbeachbum said:
I guess the Germans liked our jackets! Can't blame them. Personally I kind of like their jackets. I love black leather moto jackets which is pretty much what they wore.
Mine leaves Aero today. I'll post some shots when it's here.

A

Anonymous

rich said:

crew.jpg

Hubba hubba !!!!!! My kind of girls

Dave :D

Steve Canyon

rich said:
I was wondering what the Germans would have done with all those .50cals, they must have recovered a lot of them over the years. I was looking to see which variant of B-17 this is, without the chin turret and I came across this pic..........
Yep, that reminds me of these pics...

waspsa2dk5.jpg

Off-topic (B3): Aviatrix Bourke White
bourkewhiteyg3.jpg

Source, this book from the '90s:
a2g1boekkc1.jpg

jack aranda

Wow! Steve Canyon! Now, that is a name to cojur with. I haven't seen him in 30 years? 40 years? How cool!

As for the four dolls in flying jackets...be still my heart!

Steve Canyon

jack aranda said:
Wow! Steve Canyon! Now, that is a name to cojur with. I haven't seen him in 30 years? 40 years? How cool!
As for the four dolls in flying jackets...be still my heart!
OK, thanks!

Steve Canyon, unhappy with his B3...

stevecanyon1951300739am8.jpg

And, more happy with a M422A:

stevecanyonmiddel2tc2.jpg

Although....

stevecanyon1956image400up4.jpg

Finally, happy in 'Willis & Geiger' :p

scsunday06041958detailnp1.jpg