• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can't Believe I let this go

A few years back I bought this Buco Style Jacket off the Lost Worlds Sale Site for $350.00. I kept it used it for at least 3 years then sold it for a profit around $425.00. It was made out of Water Buffalo and was the dressier version of the Buco according to Stuart. I think he called it a J-27 though I'm not positive. Imagine my suprise when I checked out his site recently and saw the Water Buffalo jackets commanding $1200.00 and up on the Sale Site. Oh well sometimes you win and sometimes you just screw up. Think I'm going to just keep em from now on.

Wilbur

131-3199_IMG.jpg

132-3202_IMG.jpg

Tommer45

Cool looking jacket. Any more pictures of it? How did it do in the rain (I'm really not sure where the water buffalo stands in terms of water resistance and wear properties)?

Nice springer, too. I like what you've done with the wheels/tires.. subtle but looks great.

Tommer

Hey Man,

It did ok but was not like Horsehide. I actually moved from there into the Lost Worlds J-24. Which is rain resistant to the max. The Water Buffalo is more malleable than HH and feels lighter. It was a great Summer jacket for riding except that Stuart didn't put snaps on the collar which tend to beat the crap out of you above 70mph.

Thanks for the compliment on the Springer.

Wilbur

les_garten

Hi,
That is a J27. Yes, you screwed the pooch when you sold it. Water Buffalo is like Goat on Steroids on all my Buffalo Jackets. It should have been much more supple than most LW's, also a PLUS in my opinion. Buffalo is very durable and resistant to wear. Nice jacket, makes me kinda want one. LW jackets for some reason are always presented poorly on his site. The A-2 Pix are absolutely hideous to look at, yet in person are nice Jackets. I have 3 LW's and love them all. A-2, J23 Custom, and G-1.

Of course I never met a Jacket I didn't like. I just like some better than others...

I am taking a Buddhist approach here that life is such that it was an experience enjoyed and left in the past with greater things to come. Now having said that should I get one of these from Stuart in the future I would have the snaps put on the collar as the flapping was extremely annoying. Great jacket for anything but riding.

I have owned several LW's and Aero's, both are great jackets. I own a "Rigger" HH by LW right now and it is slowly breaking in. I keep "watching" Aero's that Mark puts up on ebay, sooner or later he's going to put the right jacket for riding up and it will be "snatch time on ebay".

Wilbur

les_garten

Hi,
No snaps with that collar wold be deadly! I agree there. Strange to not put snaps on that jacket, hmmm. Bizarro World!