• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can You Identify the Original A-2?

dmar836

CIMG0620.jpg

CIMG0623.jpg

Dan Fedynich was a ball turret gunner on "Homing Pigeon", a B-17 in the 401st BG/ 613th Sqdn. He completed 33 missions and had one confirmed 109 kill(the ship had two total). He wears his original A-2 to about every CAF meeting. He once told me he did the artwork himself when he got back to the states.

The others are me(ELC Star) and another VLJ member, Denny in the GW.

Anyone wanna guess what Dan's A-2 is?

Dave

ButteMT61

dmar836 said:
Is that your final answer? Should we wait for others to play?

:lol:

MY final answer, but I'm sure someone else will get it right. I'm just a learnin' these new fangled jackets :)

ButteMT61

atkins said:
my guess is the No Name! the number slips my mind...

Aha. The W535-AC-27753 also has the rounded collar and the pocket looks right. Dang, you may have aced it. :)

Dr H

ButteMT61 said:
Aero 18246P? Collar looks like that or Perry. :eek:
Nice pics. Love meeting up with Vet's.

Not Perry Scott, that's the GW on the right (note the small collar and scalloped pocket flaps).

dujardin

great photos for a great moment

i'm unable to id jacket :oops: :lol:

have you maybe a better view (photo) on the nose art ???

thanks for sharing ;)

Roughwear

It appears to be a Cable Raincoat A2, probably from the their no name 27753 contract. It has the elongated box stitching on the epaulets, and typical Cable pockets,

ButteMT61

D@mn. Looking at the Cable pics on GW site, I see it there too. I didn't realize there were that many A-2's with rounded collars. Learn every day. I sure as hell don't know how Andrew sees the stitching on the epaulets. :shock:

dmar836

And the winner is...........................

Aero 18246-P

This is not my answer as I can't remember what day it is much less.......... what were we talking about? Actually according to other members and JC, it's the Aero.

You guys are amazing! Wish I had something to offer as a prize!

Dave

ButteMT61

Wow - well, let's put it down to beginner's luck! But that was fun. Jag had me convinced I was OK (in my own mind) when he backed me up with the pocket shot. But In looking around, I learned there were more round-tip collars than I recognized.

I'll quit while I'm ahead - I got my prize for the day :)

Robman

I'm a little confused....is it an aero or a 18246 which was I believe a no name, or have we determined aero may have done the 18246?

Just curious.

ButteMT61

Robman said:
I'm a little confused....is it an aero or a 18246 which was I believe a no name, or have we determined aero may have done the 18246?

Just curious.

That's my fault for putting "Aero" before 18246p. I was typing fast to try to beat out the real experts here to get my answer in. So, blame me - 18246 is it.

ButteMT61

Robman said:
No blame at all, thanks for the info. By the way nice ELC Star!!

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I thought when I first looked that it must be a GW. Perfect fit too.

dmar836

So the drama continues. I have no reference material here so I'm not yanking you all around. I simply don't have the knowledge base as you all and am going by tips from others. The jacket has no label as it was relined years ago.
This jacket DOES have the elongated epaulet box stitch that Andrew mentioned. So of the "no names" is it the Cable Raincoat 27753?