• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can you guys help me out with some photos?

C.J.

I've been through four jackets already and I'm still looking for the one to call a keeper. I've narrowed it down to three;

1) GW 16160
2) Aero Real Deal or 42-15142-P
3) ELC Roughwear 27752

If anyone has actual photos of them they could post, I'd really appreciate it.
Not being able to go to a shop and actually look at the jackets in the flesh makes this rather difficult. The closest I've come to an opportunity to actually see and compare jackets is Charles at HPA was nice enough to offer to send me a 27752 and a .50cal when he gets them in and I could choose the one I want to keep and send the other back.

Tim P

Eliminate the Eastman roughwear. try their star which is seal, comfortable, develops character and will not hurt your ears when you are driving. I have tried most ELC jackets and, however much I like them, their roughwears are uncomfortable.
the Star is a different matter and , if it has to be seal is a clear choice .
My seal McCoys Dubow is also great and I would recommend that too.
with Aeros, if you are like me the bow shape of the eppaulettes not sitting flat on the shoulders will do your head in. If you can live with that (and lord knows I cant, try as I might) then the mismatched panels and tendency of the leather to reveal a paler base layer with age will be its plus side.
Goodwear advocates will extoll the virtues of the product at the expense of all others and they have a point (up to a point). Be prepared to wait for the jacket though as JC is swamped.

greyhound52

Agree with the comment on the Star nice jacket had one sold it to buy an original Monarch and original Doniger. Fit was excellent. Agree with the RMNZ Dubow which I still have excellent jacket great fit. Have JC's GW Dubow in Seal which is excellent as well. You have a number of great choices. If you check out the GW Seal Dubow posted in the Reviews section I have the same leather (HH). Good luck.

Tim P

Its always nice when someone agrees with you.. shows right thinking lol. The jackets mentioned seriously are good.

A

Anonymous

Here are some pics of a RW 27752 I had:

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg