• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Can anyone ID this A2?

havocpaul

Interesting, the painted 275 Inf on the back would refer to the 275th Infantry Division who fought in Europe in 1945 in Operation Nordwind in the mountains hence I think that insignia, an officers' jacket obtained via an exchange or perhaps a private purchase jacket, shame the replaced lining lets it down.

greyhound52

Andrew,
I have an older japanese flight jacket book which shows an original A2 with the same Division design. I will check when I get home and let you know what jacket contract it was. Interesting it has a collar stand. Did any of the private purchase jackets have that??

Roughwear

I now believe it is the No-Name AC Order No. 1756 Contract A-2. There's one on JC's CD. Possibly by Perry.

Peter Graham

greyhound52 said:
Interesting it has a collar stand. Did any of the private purchase jackets have that??
I have an A-2 made by Windward between 1939 and 43, it has a collar stand.
A-2006-2.jpg

greyhound52

I checked on the jacket in the magazine and it is almost identical to this one only does show a picture of the spec tag. It is the 70th Infantry Division The Trailbazers. The 275th Inf was one of the Divisions subordinate units. Here is the website

http://www.trailblazersww2.org/

Burnsie

Roughwear said:
I now believe it is the No-Name AC Order No. 1756 Contract A-2. There's one on JC's CD. Possibly by Perry.
That's what it looks like, the jacket detective strikes again! ;)

Robman

I believe it to be a 1756 as well. I have seen some examples with a pointier "non-Perry-like" collar like this one but the other give away is the epaulet....much narrower than the RW and the box stitching is typical 1756. Also the lack of triangular zipper reinforcement in the bottom of the windfflap area which RW had. ...again, a 1756 IMHO.

dujardin

greyhound52 said:
I checked on the jacket in the magazine and it is almost identical to this one only does show a picture of the spec tag. It is the 70th Infantry Division The Trailbazers. The 275th Inf was one of the Divisions subordinate units. Here is the website

http://www.trailblazersww2.org/

many many thanks for this brilliant link, i discover tens and tens of photos of Jeep, tanks, GI's, aso aso and also some USAAF parts..... see below

lt col Vaden 883rd FAB
ltcolVaden883fab.jpg

col Morgan 276th inf
ColMorganco276thinf.jpg

GI into wreck of german fighter
Unknown20Trailblazer20in20Nazi20Pla.jpg

aerial recco
PIPKI2.jpg

holden3.jpg

holden1.jpg

byeeeeeeee and thanks again marcel

Roughwear

dujardin said:
Roughwear said:
Great pics Marcel. I wonder how Lt Col Vaden obtained his Dubow A2?

poker party

exchange with a good bottle

pay cash

who knowsssssssssssssss

Wouldn't it be great if we could swap a bottle of hard stuff for an original A2 today! ;)

Robman

That Lt. Col's Dubow shows the Dubow fit to a "t"....narrower shoulder construction BUT wider sleeves at the top with a comfortable drape!

Have grown to really love and appreciate the Dubow! It has become my favorite aand the HUGE 27798 contract was certainly widely distributed and utilized in all theatres!

Sorry for the thread hijacking....

handworn

Depends on the stuff. You'd be money behind, with some bottles.

Roughwear said:
dujardin said:
Roughwear said:
Great pics Marcel. I wonder how Lt Col Vaden obtained his Dubow A2?

poker party

exchange with a good bottle

pay cash

who knowsssssssssssssss

Wouldn't it be great if we could swap a bottle of hard stuff for an original A2 today! ;)